What's new

Micronized Kava Review Boroguru

D

Deleted User01

So I got a sample of Micronized Kava from Chris. He’s very proud of it because he gave the farmer in Vanuatu the equipment to process it to his specifications. As you know, Chris grows the 13 kavas of Hawaii and gets his Vanuatu and Fiji kava for other farmers. Both @Wigman and @shakas did some excellent reviews of this kava but I decided to review it from the perspective of a daytime kava drinker.

Anyway, I almost exclusively drink daytime kavas and this one is not, so I know that I’m in for an adventure. So I made my customary Ginger Ale Drink with 2 tablespoons of GHK Micronized Boroguru. The drink came out very dark, first warning sign. The drink tasted worse than usual. Shakas and Vetka have taste buds that pick up the Nuances of kava flavor but mine only say no taste or bad taste. So I start sipping on it. As with any Kava whose chemotype starts with a 2, it takes a few minutes for the effects to kick in. So it starts, my throat gets numb, my body gets number, and my brain gets muddled and thus renders me "befuddled". Even worse, I start losing my balance when I walk. As Shakas put it, I was stumbling around. This is a very potent kava. Do not drive or operate heavy equipment when drinking this kava. It totally reminds me of taking a very strong pain killer. So I fumbled and stumbled my way through the rest of the work day and I had another tablespoon at 5 PM for good measure. After supper, I hit the couch hard and didn’t feel like doing much except relaxing and listening to my audiobook. This is a couch potato Kava and a good one at that.

So during the night, I had to take some good natured ribbing from the night-time kava drinkers that Lurk in the Shadows of the Underbelly of the Kava Forum. It’s like, welcome to our world Jman. Yes, they are the drinkers of the Boroguru Night Time Kava and they haunt the outer recesses of the Kava Forum at night. Here is an example:

“Bed @ 6:30? You're showing your age Deleted User01.” Thanks for that Kapmcrunk. :LOL:
::couch:: Come play with us Deleted User01, for ever, and ever, and ever. That’s Kavadude’s couch beckoning me from the dark recesses of the forum. :eek:

Nope, this is not your Mommy’s Daytime Kava unless she plans on lying on the couch and watching soap operas all day long. This is a potent, body numbing, mind muddling kava that people use for that express purpose. I’m kinda looking forward to getting into it on the weekend when I can really relax and feel the Kava.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Awesome Review @Deleted User01!!! (y)

You're churning out some great reviews now!! I know that you thought the earlier review forms a bit cumbersome. Do you find the latest rendition of the format a bit easier for you? Any thoughts on ways to make the review form better?

The reason I'm asking, is that I'm about to wrap this project up (for now). But I'm open to make some final changes to the form, based on feedback.

Regards

D

Deleted User01

Headgie, those forms are perfect. They guide you through the process of entering the most valid facts. I complained back when because I was just plain lazy. After doing a few reviews, I really like them. The only complaint is that I can only give the kavas a 4 star because 5 star would be Fresh Root from another planet. I would love to give it 4.5 stars but that's nit picking. Ya done good! :D

Ceraton

Heavy Kava Drinker
I might have made mine too strong for me. I ended up taking some tums to prepare myself for the 2nd and 3rd bottle of it. I could say that despite its strong flavor, it is pretty powerful in terms of effects.

Great Review!

D

Deleted User01

I forgot to add that I bounced out of bed this morning. No side effects no nausea. Everything was cool except for the fact that I am unaccustomed to being put down hard like that.

R

Rookietwoshoes

So how would you say this boroguru compares to your evening go-to , aka Nene?

D

Deleted User01

So how would you say this boroguru compares to your evening go-to , aka Nene?
The boroguru is much heavier. I use the Nene to top off the night when I've been doing Heady Kavas in the afternoon. Last night, there was no need for a Nene Nitecap because the Boroguru was so sedating.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I forgot to add that I bounced out of bed this morning. No side effects no nausea. Everything was cool except for the fact that I am unaccustomed to being put down hard like that.
Thanks for the feedback. If you don't know, it's easy to change your review, just click on the upper right "Edit Thread" and can make any changes you like to it. (that's one of the best things I like from the old forms). If you have any problems let me know. ::happyshell::::happyshell::::happyshell::

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
Nice review J-man. Is this available in Med. Grind anywhere, or does anyone know when Chris may have it back in stock?

ApéroNoble

It looks like he is out of the Med. Grind, but says the Micro. is in stock. I may give that a try. I am looking for something just a little more anxiolytic than Mahakea to mix in with the Mahakea and thought this would be the best option.

D

Deleted User01

The other one you might try is the Hanapaki Ai'. It really shuts down the brain. I was mixing it with my afternoon Moi on stressful afternoons. I nicknamed it my Zombie Kava because I'm not used to heavy kavas. Anyway, you got several good choices.

ApéroNoble

I have some of that and have been taking it off and on. Sometimes it seems to work great, and others it seems to take a very long time to kick in. My bag is very old; at least 8 months or so. How would you compare and contrast it with boroguru. I would guess perhaps Hanapaki Ai' may be more anxiolytic. I noted you were stumbling about on boroguru, are you able to walk a straight line on Hanapaki Ai'

D

Deleted User01

I remember that Boroguru, I took it in the afternoon (like I do all kava) and it was heavy on the body. I would say the Hanapaki Ai effects the brain the most (in my case). It's very mind numbing. The Boroguru was heavier on the body and also mind numbing. But everybody has their own reaction to different kavas. If you already have some Hanapaki Ai', and it is inconsistent for you, then go ahead and send it to me and get yourself a bag of the Boroguru. :D
But seriously folks, since you already have Hanapaki Ai', I would try the boroguru and let us know how it works for you.

ApéroNoble

I think I remember Chris saying Hanapaki Ai' is his favourite kava. I really do think that sometimes you have to stick with one type kava day after day to really become acquainted with it. I don't think I gave Hanapaki Ai' a fair run and now the bag is so old I am not sure how potent it is. Nevertheless the bag is mine and all mine. No kava for you J-man!