What's new

Powdered Kava Review Boroguru - Medium Grind

pythagoras51213

Kava Curious
I was one of the lucky 5 to receive a sample of Chris' Hawaiian grown Boroguru, so right off the bat this kava made me happy without even having to consume it. I've made a couple of batches to test it out. The first couple of batches were with Alu Ball prep, but the last couple have been with traditional kneading. I just made up the final batch from the 1/2 pound sample and am drinking it while writing this review. I also always have my wife test with me to get a second opinion.

Prep: The Alu ball always seems to provide a smoother-tasting grog than traditional prep and sometimes I wonder if there's any difference in the kavalactone content. Hand kneading almost always seems to produce stronger effects even versus a 2-ball Alu ball shaker. Somebody really needs to to run a comparative analysis, but that's another discussion. I will base this review off the last two batches which were in the ration 1 cup powdered kava to 3-4 cups water. I do a hot water soak for about 1/2 hour and then add cold water and knead.

Taste: Smooth and earthy, kind of like soil and I mean that in the best way. Not super peppery and some slightly woody undertones. I swear I caught a slight incensey-floral taste on the finish. I like my kava like this and I don't think I've ever noticed that floral finish, but I was really focusing to ensure I had a good review.

Effects: A very balanced kava in terms of effects. Not too heady, but not sedating. Very euphoric. My muscles felt very relaxed and the neck pain I've been suffering from was all gone. This to me seems like a weekday kava. I felt very clear and energetic and actually accomplished a good deal of writing even after consuming 2/3 of the batch (I definitely consume about twice the amount my wife does during any given grog party). Great for lifting one's mood and relaxing while maintaining perfect functionality and motivation.

Conclusion: An excellent addition to the already phenomenal line-up of GHK kavas. I would definitely buy this if it was available for sale. Thanks again Chris for the substantial sample and for allowing me to contribute to the community!