What's new

Anectodal report of my bloodwork after 8 months of excessive toss n' wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
After having dealt with moderate to severe anxiety for 15 plus years I have tried virtually everything imagineable for anxiety. Only a few things have worked. Xanax (which I grew addicted to and quit, was the most effective for anxiety, but its a terrible thing to become dependent upon, so I quit, with much difficulty. Exercise works pretty well. Diet helps. Then I found Boroguru, which I found to be more effective than anything I had ever tried, except for Xanax. I started using it a bit too much though. And since I found toss n' wash to be the most effective, I began tossing and washing large amounts of Boroguru each day. I would usually make it to 2 pm or so before having my first toss n' wash of a heaping tablespoon or so. It did get out of hand. After 8 months my hands started peeling. And my whole body was flaking. So I went and got bloodwork done. My results ALT 18 with a reference range of 17-63. AST 21 w a reference range of 15-61. Bilirubin, creatinine, full kidney and bladder function all tested as very healthy. Despite the moderately severe resulting dermopathy my liver is in wonderful shape. I have since taken a few weeks off, and I will be starting up Boroguru again as my skin is back to normal, but I will be making grog only and once or twice a day max.

Yes, even Kava can be abused. Like NH writes on their stone, "kava needs to be respected." I'm not proud of what I did, I was just trying to find relief from anxiety. And I am not recommending toss n' wash with this post. But I do feel that anectodal reports such as this are important to add to the knowledge base of the community.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Thank you for letting us know! Reports like these really encourage confidence in our roots.

Geiourht

Kava Curious
Thanks thats great to hear re the liver function :)
As a fellow anxiety prone individual this is another tick for my peace of mind.

So presuambly the lower the reading the better in terms of results? what does reference range mean Im guessing that is normal ranges and like blood pressure low is good but not too too low?

D

Deleted User01

For a guy who tosses and washes till his skin peels off, those liver readings are fantastic! ::awesomesmiles:: Once again you have proven that Kava is not toxic to the liver. Even if you try to make it toxic to the liver, it ain't happening. Thanks a ton @wormwood! And good luck with your battle against anxiety. I have done the Xanax thing and it used to make me want to kill someone the next day .... unless I took another. It doesn't effect everyone that way, but it does for some.

@Kapmcrunk, those readings need to be posted in the hall of fame for all to see.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
For a guy who tosses and washes till his skin peels off, those liver readings are fantastic! ::awesomesmiles:: Once again you have proven that Kava is not toxic to the liver. Even if you try to make it toxic to the liver, it ain't happening. Thanks a ton @wormwood! And good luck with your battle against anxiety. I have done the Xanax thing and it used to make me want to kill someone the next day .... unless I took another. It doesn't effect everyone that way, but it does for some.

@Kapmcrunk, those readings need to be posted in the hall of fame for all to see.
Thanks! Ive actually made great strides in my fight against anxiety. Im a lot better off than I used to be.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
So presuambly the lower the reading the better in terms of results? what does reference range mean Im guessing that is normal ranges and like blood pressure low is good but not too too low?
That is correct. Different labs will use different reference ranges so the perception of what constitutes exactly "normal" has some variance. But the variance is small. My numbers were great by anybody's standard.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Congrats! Thanks for sharing too. It's actually a very reassuring story.

Toss and wash terrifies me anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.