What's new

Acetone test of "kumar's imports Fiji kava"

blindy107

Kava Lover
So this is my first acetone test. I found this kava by accident at my local Indo-Fijian store. I picked the lawena and it was 17$ a lb! Had almost no hope for nobility but it appears to be yellow.

I wasn't sure how to get proper lighting so I fiddled around with pure white backlighting. Overhead. And camera flash.

Any pointers are welcome!

Left is Kumar's lawena. Right is GHK hiwa.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
So this is my first acetone test.
Good Job!! My only thought is that you can really see a big difference of color in the first pic and the second pic of the same two products. So I think it would have been great to have had a known tudei, a known noble, and your test subject in a side by side comparison. A kava love triangulation. JMHO.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yeah it really helps to have a known tudei to compare with as well as a known noble. The difference is very obvious when you look at it, but is hard to capture in a photograph. Maybe you have some Koniak or something...

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Yeah it really helps to have a known tudei to compare with as well as a known noble. The difference is very obvious when you look at it, but is hard to capture in a photograph. Maybe you have some Koniak or something...
Yes, he demonstrates that it could be a noble but doesn't demonstrate that it's not a tudei. Again JIMHO.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Yes, he demonstrates that it could be a noble but doesn't demonstrate that it's not a tudei. Again JIMHO.
Now that I think about it, chris said from GHK he has some ISA (in contest #3 I think) and I'll bet he would send you some for testing purposes.

Last edited:

Mr. Kava

Kava Enthusiast
if you do a search for a bill of lading out of the port of Oakland on Kumars Imports, i believe you will be able to find the source of their kava. I have done this with a few vendors and uncovered some info this way...

verticity

I'm interested in things
Now that I think about it, chris said from GHK he has some ISA (in contest #3 I think) and I'll bet he would send you some for testing purposes.
He will if you promise not to drink it. lol. He sent me some a while ago
(I didn't drink it, nor did I want to)