What's new

A review of the chemistry and pharmacology of the constituents of Piper methysticum

Idplugg

Kava Curious
Hi,
Does anyone have this article by Keller and Klohs in PDF format? I have requested it on Researchgate but I doubt I'll have any luck going that route ::shell::

Idplugg

Kava Curious
Will do and will do. :happy:
Let me say that you are not exactly the first person to ask me to share it if I can get my hands on it. If I find it somehow I'll announce it here and share. ::kavaleaf::

Idplugg

Kava Curious
Thank you kavadude, but unfortunately this is not the same article, I already have this one. The one I am looking for is from 1963 and is covering another subject despite the similar titles.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
What info are you looking for from the article? I don't have it, but there may be another one that covers it out there

Idplugg

Kava Curious
It is regarding kava dermapathy. I've seen qoutes from the study that DHM in doses of 300 to 800 mg per day produced a scaly skin rash in a high percentage of subjects. I have not found out how many test subjects that were involved, for how long, or what percentage they consider "high".

Idplugg

Kava Curious
lol poor rodents
Well I would argue that the spinning wheel was probably the most popular attraction at this rat event. I imagine lines were huge.

The strychnine injection booth, you could just walk right in. Big miscalculation by the event managers.

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Well I would argue that the spinning wheel was probably the most popular attraction at this rat event. I imagine lines were huge.

The strychnine injection booth, you could just walk right in. Big miscalculation by the event managers.
If they really wanted to assess krunkness in the rats they should have just had a lab assistant talk to them at great length about how his or her day was going, how their classes were going and all the fascinating things they know about chemistry and pharmacology. If the rats spell out "For fuck's sake will you please be quiet" with their food pellets, you know the dose of kava is effective.