What's new

Micronized Kava Review 11 Year Waka

exit stage left
I got this in the mail a few days ago and I've tried it a few times now so I decided to review it.

1st session was at 1 AM after a 10 hour shift and a hard night helping a friend in the ER. Mostly got nausea and not many good feelings. This is probably because I hadn't had time to eat for about 12 hours so my stomach was painfully empty, and also because it had been a long hard day and I wasn't really in the right mindset for it.

2nd session was in the afternoon, I was more in the right mindset. I notice this kava is lip and tongue numbing, and that doesn't happen so much with other kavas any more. Not as heady as some kavas I've had, kind of a nice blend of a little bit of headiness and some relaxation. This one seems to be good for my anxiety. It actually hits a pretty nice spot that I haven't found with other kavas - it's very good with anxiety while I'm drinking it, and doesn't make me feel as tense or wound up as headier kavas can. I felt a little bit of anxiety the morning after, but I also have a lot to be anxious about at the moment. And this is the first kava I've had where I've experienced the "next day" effect. Even without experiencing much my first session, I felt the relaxation and wellbeing the next day.

Pretty much any kava causes nausea for me, and this one is about average on the nausea scale.

This kava really seems to hit the right balance for me. Not so heady that I get tense. Really good for my anxiety. Some kavas I've tried make it hard for me to sleep but this kava, if anything, helps my sleep. Finally! I keep hearing other people talk about kava helping them sleep, and I'd never experienced that.

Overall, I don't think I'd drink this stuff if I had to work that day, but it's a good "for days off" kava.