What's new

Health Monitoring 02/08/2022 New liver function test in.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
labresults02082022.png

As we can see, ALP is risen just as the research shows it would be. Same with cholesterol and LDL Non-HDL.

No changes in ALT/AST indicate no hepatocellular damage.

I drink 40g of traditionally made medium grind kava per night and have for 16 almost 17 years now.

Jack3

Kava Curious
View attachment 12399

As we can see, ALP is risen just as the research shows it would be. Same with cholesterol and LDL Non-HDL.

No changes in ALT/AST indicate no hepatocellular damage.

I drink 40g of traditionally made medium grind kava per night and have for 16 almost 17 years now.
I wonder how that would be drinking unfiltered or micronized. What is the significance of ALP?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
GGT Results update. They had included a test, but it wasn't on the standard report.

I fully expected these results to be inflated as well along with the ALP. Interesting.

Attachments

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Next update. Just had a 2nd sample taken and they're testing it for

Vitamin D levels

and

PTH, Intact and Calcium

I suspect a thyroid issue is what they're looking for, so we'll see.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
vitD.png

Turns out it was my Vitamin D levels causing the rise in ALP. There you have it. Another successful Liver function test with no impact from kava, and I even had "elevated results". That would scare a lot of people into thinking "Oh NO! Kava killed my liver!" but it turns out that while yes I did have an elevated liver enzyme, it was not anything to do with kava.