What's new

Drink Flavors. Your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
I need to release my inner homeopath and start thinking of these obvious things like brewing fresh ginger tea. :shy:
Such great info! Thanks a bunch you guys!

blindy107

Kava Lover
@Bula Kava House i would say ginger or cinnamon as the most cover uppy. Some fruit juices work fairly well like mango, guava and I think it was passionfruit. I made a kava mojito that was pretty drinkable once.

I tried savory stuff as well but didn't have much luck.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I haven't been around the forum much lately. Nice to be back. We've been very busy keeping the world rooted since that Tasting Table article and some other nice press came out. We've also been busy doing all the fun stuff involved in bringing a bottled kava to market for folks on the go, and for those with a severe taste aversion to kava. I received a set of samples about a month ago. They were okay, but a little too earthy with ingredients like licorice and chicory. We want something that's not overly sweet and artificial tasting, but these were a little too much. They also had so much kava extract that the flavor was overwhelming and I'd honestly be worried about people getting a little too krunk and getting in a car accident or something.

Just a couple days ago I received the second set of samples, after talking with my recipe developer, and they're much more promising. They're a little sweeter without being Kool-Aidish. You can still taste the kava, which is important to me, but they're a little less potent. Some of the flavors used were suggested in this thread, so thank you. Like I always say, our customers are the most important stakeholders we have - more important than me or any of my employees. This is just another example.

Also, I believe we're set on using Borogu kava to make the extract. It's got nice potency, is consistent, and yields a good amount of extract. It's probably the world's most popular kava. Tens of thousand of Ni-Vanuatu couldn't be wrong.

We still have some refinement of the recipe and some packaging stuff to sort out, but tentatively I'd say we'll have a product ready to bring to market within the next 90 days or so. Very exciting! I'd love to offer forum members a BIG discount when it's first released to get it out there to some people that know their kava. Keep an eye out for that!

Bula!

Status
Not open for further replies.