What's new

Dermopathy, and it's disappearance.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Well I wouldn't worry too much. I think it was @Deleted User , that said he kept a spare liver for you in his freezer. You can do your ISA experiment, then remove Liver from freezer, microwave, for 5 minutes, and slap in, and go. Well maybe the process is a bit more labor intensive than that.;). Much love. Roaddog....
I'm not sure why you and @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava (chris) are referring to ISA??? ::confused2::
Did I miss something?? Are you saying that all makas has ISA in it??

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I'm not sure why you and @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava (chris) are referring to ISA??? ::confused2::
Did I miss something?? Are you saying that all makas has ISA in it??
Well I only mentioned it, because of Chris giving you that experiment idea.

I could do that but I am not sure that I would feel good about doing that, maybe it would be better for you to buy some Isa from some other Hawaiian vendors and some Noble from me and just drink the Isa till you get dermo and then stop the Isa and go to the Noble and keep drinking that to see if the dermo goes away. If it does not then you must drink a lot of kava. :ROFLMAO:
I guess if it did not go away then all you would have to do is stop drinking kava. :nailbiting:
Aloha.

Chris
I believe it was this experiment idea. Basically, I think it was all a joke. This is the Freaky Deaky Friday thread, right? Much love. Roaddog....

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
The most dermopathy I've had is a little chaffing under my armpit area, though my hands get dry. I had this happen when I drank a lot of micronized in 1 week and downed some sediment each night. Amlactin immediately fixed it with no burning or anything.

I can't speak to shitty kavas causing dermopathy because when I've drank shitty kavas I feel like I'm dying, so I don't drink enough to get skin effects. If we're talking about BKH borogoru I remember that the grind was way too fine so that might be a cause. I have averaged 8tbsp of Chris's medium grinds per night for a while now and I'm fine, despite having naturally dry skin. I really make sure that I don't drink any sediment though. I'm sorry to hear that some of you guys are bleeding and everything, it sounds horrible.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It only happened once, and that was with tudei kava that I was drinking. I called Johnathon Yee once to ask about something and he asked me "Why on earth do you guys buy so much tudei?" I honestly didn't have a good answer for him, but this was in the dark ages of kava, so....that's my excuse.

D

Deleted User01

Yeah, Kapm, News Flash ... I have only been drinking Noble the last 6 months and have yet to have dermopathy. So, do we go ahead and "pile on" Tudie and say it actually causes Dermopathy? For sure it aggravates it.
::frosty:: Damn that Burger looks good. :hungry: Dermopathy, BurgerPathy. Might those onions be caramelized?
::ricky::Nice one Frosty, looks like you are finally coming back from the Dark Side and liking "cooked" food.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Yeah, Kapm, News Flash ... I have only been drinking Noble the last 6 months and have yet to have dermopathy....
I didn't look it up, but don't you have a post somewhere saying you have never had dermo?? (as in even earlier than 6 months ago). Just asking if my memory is correct.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
....So, do we go ahead and "pile on" Tudie and say it actually causes Dermopathy?....
@Deleted User01, actually I'm suggesting that maybe it's the makas that is causing it. But everyone seems to want to call it tudei now. So I ask again does that mean that all makas (even Noble) contains ISA (tudie) in it?? I think I'm not communicating properly or I'm totally missing something here.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@HeadHodge - I get it: you want to know if makas cause dermo.
Both noble and tuday contain makas, so I don't know where the confusion is coming from, but I'm not!
Thanks. That's why I was asking if @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava might be able to send me some Mo'i micro. Some with the makas and some without so I can experiment by trying both over a period of time. I usually just call @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava "chris", but he asked me to use his vendor id to make sure he sees my questions.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, Hedgie, "I got your Makas". :ROFLMAO: Chris please send Hedgie some Makas. The kind that will turn him into a Yellow Eyed Alligator Skinned HepaToxic Zombie. Honestly Hedgie, you don't want to toss and wash Makas. Besides the Zombie thing, there is also the "intestinal" thing.
::frosty:: Somebody call for a Zombie? Frosty at your service.

Also, @HeadHodge, I haven't had Dermopathy in the preceding 6 months, prior to the last 6 months. But I say this with all due respect, the last 6 months I have hit the Kava pretty hard. Previous to that, I was experimenting with the K word and the Canna word and I really wasn't sold on any botanical at that point. Nope, I'm never going to get Dermo. Ouch, what is that, that's a mosquito bite right. Scritch, Scritch, Scritch, those must be fleas from my wife's dogs. :D Damn that itches, I think I have a mild allergy to mixed nuts, it happens whenever I post here. :rolleyes:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
@Deleted User01, actually I'm suggesting that maybe it's the makas that is causing it. But everyone seems to want to call it tudei now. So I ask again does that mean that all makas (even Noble) contains ISA (tudie) in it?? I think I'm not communicating properly or I'm totally missing something here.
The only makas that have Isa in them, are the makas from an Isa plant.

I think the implication is that tudei, and even noble spiked with tudei, increase the swiftness and severity one acquires dermopathy. But not that it is the culprit for all dermopathy. It's hard to know yet, whether makas themselves make any difference, in regards to dermopathy...since removing makas is a new thing to have available for daily drinking.
But based only off the experiences in this thread, it appears that drinking noble kava, with-or-without makas, is reversing the severity of constant or recurring derm problems.
As Hodge is wondering, perhaps 100% consumption of noble without makas,(ghk micro) would almost completely eliminate dermopathy. Then we might finally have a clue where dermopathy is actually coming from. It would imply that something that exists in higher proportions inside the makas is causing the reaction. Just as this thread is anecdotally suggesting that something within Tudei increases the reaction. If both were true, we'd then have this little 'dermopathy least-to-worst chart': non-maka-noble < whole noble < non-maka-tudei < whole tudei. Which probably also works as a 'kava; harshness-to-your-body chart'.
The hard part about testing any of this, is that people seem to have varying degrees of reaction to dermopathy. It's easier on some, worse on others. You don't know whether you're a month away from getting it, or a year away.
Attempting to force dermopathy would require heavy frequent drinking. The best guinea pigs around here would be the long term daily drinkers that really have a solid knowledge of how their dermopathy behaves normally (
)...and newbies that are ready to drown themselves in kava for the sake of science. :bookworm: :pompus: (y)
Now that my 'Opihikao is kickin' in, I can tell it's time for me to stop rambling. ::awesomesmiles::
::happyshell::

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thanks. That's why I was asking if @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava might be able to send me some Mo'i micro. Some with the makas and some without so I can experiment by trying both over a period of time. I usually just call @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava "chris", but he asked me to use his vendor id to make sure he sees my questions.
Sorry for the late reply, I had a bunch of orders to fill. :happy:
Isa is a variety of Tudei kava, and all kava has makas, makas is the hard fibers that are thrown away after making the kava drink.
I was only joking about the experiments with the Isa. If you want makas I suggest getting a micro from any other vendor, the way I process it I would not be able to give you Moi with makas in it unless after processing I dry and micronize the makas but that would take a while and it would cost just as much as the regular kava I sell. My micronizing machine takes a min. of 50 pounds to grind and it would not be economically feasible for me to make some makas for you to add to the moi micronized. Sorry about that, I guess that's the way the makas micronizes. :ROFLMAO:
Also the makas does have DHK and DHM so it will contribute to the dermopothy if it is micronized and consumed. Also it is good to note that each person is different, some get it some do not, some get it bad some get it mildly, but we know it is from DHK, DHM and M.
Aloha nui loa.

Chris

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Also the makas does have DHK and DHM so it will contribute to the dermopothy if it is micronized and consumed. Also it is good to note that each person is different, some get it some do not, some get it bad some get it mildly, but we know it is from DHK, DHM and M.
How so? Has there been more research?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Well, being the guinea pig myself over the years of use, I have changed nothing, not dosage, nor prep. Nor have I secretly found some dermapothy reversing super supplement. The only thing I've changed is my starting material, and I can tell you with certainty that my dermapothy has nearly ceased. It's not 100%, but it's on it's way there. I can't speak as to whether removing the fiber could help, as I've sworn off micronized years ago. Speaking to differences in climate, I can tell you that my dermapothy usually compounds with dry winter conditions to create the super derps. Hence the absolutely ridiculous amount of humidifiers in my house. In the summer it does recede slightly, but I've had bouts of dermapothy in the summer as bad as the winter. What I can definitely tell you, is that if I knew this before, I would have totally switched LONG ago.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Sorry for the late reply, I had a bunch of orders to fill. :happy:
Isa is a variety of Tudei kava, and all kava has makas, makas is the hard fibers that are thrown away after making the kava drink.
I was only joking about the experiments with the Isa. If you want makas I suggest getting a micro from any other vendor, the way I process it I would not be able to give you Moi with makas in it unless after processing I dry and micronize the makas but that would take a while and it would cost just as much as the regular kava I sell. My micronizing machine takes a min. of 50 pounds to grind and it would not be economically feasible for me to make some makas for you to add to the moi micronized. Sorry about that, I guess that's the way the makas micronizes. :ROFLMAO:
Aloha nui loa.

Chris
Thanks for the reply @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava . I not asking for it free I'll be happy to pay for it. I just would like to test the "exact" same stuff with makas and without it.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
The only makas that have Isa in them, are the makas from an Isa plant.

I think the implication is that tudei, and even noble spiked with tudei, increase the swiftness and severity one acquires dermopathy. But not that it is the culprit for all dermopathy. It's hard to know yet, whether makas themselves make any difference, in regards to dermopathy...since removing makas is a new thing to have available for daily drinking.
But based only off the experiences in this thread, it appears that drinking noble kava, with-or-without makas, is reversing the severity of constant or recurring derm problems.
As Hodge is wondering, perhaps 100% consumption of noble without makas,(ghk micro) would almost completely eliminate dermopathy. Then we might finally have a clue where dermopathy is actually coming from. It would imply that something that exists in higher proportions inside the makas is causing the reaction. Just as this thread is anecdotally suggesting that something within Tudei increases the reaction. If both were true, we'd then have this little 'dermopathy least-to-worst chart': non-maka-noble < whole noble < non-maka-tudei < whole tudei. Which probably also works as a 'kava; harshness-to-your-body chart'.
The hard part about testing any of this, is that people seem to have varying degrees of reaction to dermopathy. It's easier on some, worse on others. You don't know whether you're a month away from getting it, or a year away.
Attempting to force dermopathy would require heavy frequent drinking. The best guinea pigs around here would be the long term daily drinkers that really have a solid knowledge of how their dermopathy behaves normally (
)...and newbies that are ready to drown themselves in kava for the sake of science. :bookworm: :pompus: (y)
Now that my 'Opihikao is kickin' in, I can tell it's time for me to stop rambling. ::awesomesmiles::
::happyshell::
@shakas remember when I said that last post was your greatest. We'll crap, you exceeded that!!! (y)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
How so? Has there been more research?
Hi KavaDude, this is not new research, in 1990 Dr. Lebot did test samples of the makas to see what was in it and there are kavalactones and FKB.
There seems to me more of the DHK and the DHM in the makas than any of the other kavalactones.
Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the reply @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava . I not asking for it free I'll be happy to pay for it. I just would like to test the "exact" same stuff with makas and without it.
Sorry HeadHodge, like I said I would have to do a big 50 pound batch, it would take me the same effort and time as the micronized that I sell so I would have to charge you for the 50 pounds at the micronized price, since I won't be able to sell the makas to anyone else, that is why I said it would not work out.
Aloha.

Chris