What's new

World Seed Supply?

Hi folks, first time poster, first got into kava when my friend who was teaching at University of Hawaii and told me about his experiences with it.  I ordered Kona Kava (which was apparently a mistake from other posts) and really enjoyed the overall sense of mellow ease it gave.  

I ordered a batch of Fijian Kava last week - great customer service from the group.  The kava experience however is a bit odd...for one I'm still awake at 1AM which, given my previous kava experiences, is really odd.  My first sip was the very familiar numbness of lips, tongue and throat, stronger than I remembered, but the feeling of relaxation went away very quickly - like in about 30 minutes.  I'm left feeling good overall, but not the normal mellow kava experience I'm used to.

Anyone else have experience with this store and their kava?  I'm not certain what variety they use.  

Thanks all for the recs - I just spend about $50 on various other strains (aka isa and the solomons) /domain/bypass/images/thumbsup.gif

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Fijian kava will be different from Isa, Solomons, Vanuatu etc. They tend to have a wide range of effects depending on where it comes from and can vary even more in any particular region. Two different Fijian kava may vary in one way or another. That's normal.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Skoodog, kava can do that if not consumed much. Give it another try :)

Are you referring to Skip Bittenbender here who taught at UH?

Cheers!

AG

Nihilist

Kava Enthusiast
I hear a lot of good things about them on the shroomery. They sponsor that website.

I don't like ordering kava from venders that don't specialize in it.

Seems like they should have some good sources though.

paradisekava said:
Skoodog, kava can do that if not consumed much. Give it another try :)

Are you referring to Skip Bittenbender here who taught at UH?

Cheers!

AG

Nah, not my buddy...My friend's not an Ag guy himself but possibly met him there.

Tried a more potent recipe of my Fijian batch this weekend and again got the same results - not sure if I'm a huge fan of this batch but did make some converts who tried it out themselves.  Can't wait til my Isa and Solomons get here! /domain/bypass/images/thumbsup.gif