What's new

Wine made my heart race

rcvjohn

Kava Curious
So, I used to be a regular wine drinker. A glass or two a night. (sometimes more... ugh)
But I didn't like that habit, so I stopped, and then picked up kava a month ago.

Over the weekend, just to change things up, my wife and I got a bottle of dry red. She had a teensie glass, and I had 2, and I felt like a rage monster.

Has this ever happened to anyone after a period of kava usage?

Pink

Kava Curious
well never drank alcohol in excess,besides parties and special occasions.but after switching to kava kava,after few weeks of using kava,i was getting some beer,and thought why get stupid on it when i could enjoy kava kava,and sorta felt guilty wasting money on alcohol just to crank my mood up.

That said its not clear did you got rage after drinking it or pumped up,like high BP -since topics says one thing and post tells another story.
as not many will say it but from couple blogs on islanders that i read here, ive sorta realized that most of them drink kava kava and then indulge into booze for extra kick.
All said everyone is different,and not knowing where you constant drinker,rage issues what not has impacted you,since it seems not likely for kava kava to have impact on people who drink afterwards,and i believe there was gap enough for kava kava to leave your body.

D

Deleted User01

Just had 2.5 glasses of red wine. No problems. I do Kava 4-5 times a week. I will admit this. I recently had a very small amount of MJ that a friend gave me
(she busted her son thank you very much). :LOL: My heart rate went to 140 and totally freaked me out. Talk about a a bad trip. That stuff is a lot stronger than I remember from my younger years. The next day, I was grateful to be back on my kava. I like being in my 5 senses. :D But alcohol on my non kava days is not a problem in my case. Everyone on this forum has a different chemotype and nothing that anyone says ever surprises me.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Have had the same exact problem for many years, even before Kava. Red wine seems particularly worse along with Vodka for some reason. I find now that I rarely drink alcohol, when I do it happens almost consistently. Nothing a benadryl won't cure usually.

I did find this info a while back http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA326577 that recommends magnesium.

Also went to see my GP and he wasn't concerned. I had him run a Liver Panel since I was there and was interested - had about 10 TBS the night before. ALT 19!

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

I want to say that someone once told me that wine had a lot of Histamines. He used to tell me he got such bad wine headaches that he would dream about giant Tylenol pills. There are many complex chemicals in red wine that it is bound to sit bad with someone. You have histamines, resveratrol, tannins, etc. Here is a link to Wine and Histamines.

rcvjohn

Kava Curious
Have had the same exact problem for many years, even before Kava. Red wine seems particularly worse along with Vodka for some reason. I find now that I rarely drink alcohol, when I do it happens almost consistently. Nothing a benadryl won't cure usually.

I did find this info a while back http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA326577 that recommends magnesium.

Also went to see my GP and he wasn't concerned. I had him run a Liver Panel since I was there and was interested - had about 10 TBS the night before. ALT 19!
awesome info, described it to a tee... thanks.