What's new

Why I don't like kava on long haul flights

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
I recently tried Paradise Kava's extract on two 12 hour flights. I do love this product.
But. I always find that when I take kava (through any method) I get a really strong sense to stretch out, lie down and laze about. For example, I find it really unpleasant sitting at my desk after kava. 
I'm sure you can see where this is going. Being cooped up in an economy class seat is not consistent with the urge to stretch out and lie down! And because I couldn't do this, I found myself less relaxed and frustrated. Not sure about the impact on sleep quality. I certainly picked up a few hours of pretty heavy deep sleeps. Could be kava induced (or aided) or might not be. 
So I think I'm going to look for something a bit different in future. I've been thinking about using either kanna or valerian. Basically I'm just after something generally relaxing both for mind and body, but not too extreme. Anyone got some ideas?

You may want to try Kava Candy? It's not too powerful to knock you on your butt and it provides the relaxing feeling you're goin for. My only suggestion would be to stick with the root, as any pill or tinxture will have a lot weaker effect..it does for me, at least. Maybe try bumpin some music while on the flight?