What's new

Thoughts on newly available single cultivar kavas?

Hitch

Kava Curious
Bula Everyone, posting here as I've been seeing multiple new single kava cultivars on the market. Perhaps you have too!

I'm a big fan of all the new cultivars to try... but am trying to narrow it down a bit so as to not break the bank. Can folks tell me about their experiences with the following cultivars? Do you have a favorite for certain occasions, and why?
  • Puariki
  • Silesse
  • Kelai
  • Bir Kar
I hope you're having a great holiday, wherever you are!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I haven't had any from the current batches, but I've had each of them a couple times...except perhaps Silese, I can't remember if I've had that one.
From my memory, Kelai is the most light and clear one-sided effects of them all. I've had a batch the was potent, yet heady and one-sided and another batch that was just standard. The bir-kar I had was heady but leaning toward balanced and the first batch I had was almost potent enough to feel like it was on the verge of being special. The 2nd batch of bir kar ended up pretty standard and not potent enough for me. I've liked Puariki any time I've had it, balanced a bit heady...effective...it's probably my favorite of the bunch.

Hitch

Kava Curious
I haven't had any from the current batches, but I've had each of them a couple times...except perhaps Silese, I can't remember if I've had that one.
From my memory, Kelai is the most light and clear one-sided effects of them all. I've had a batch the was potent, yet heady and one-sided and another batch that was just standard. The bir-kar I had was heady but leaning toward balanced and the first batch I had was almost potent enough to feel like it was on the verge of being special. The 2nd batch of bir kar ended up pretty standard and not potent enough for me. I've liked Puariki any time I've had it, balanced a bit heady...effective...it's probably my favorite of the bunch.
Thanks for this! I'll start off with some Puariki

Kaavaaa

I'm using N@H Kelai right now (bought mid December). Coming off a 3 day break from Kava. I used 30 grams traditionally kneaded in about 10oz of water, then a second wash with 10oz of water. Its definitely heady with a little bit of euphoria so far. I may brew up another 30 grams.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
To me bir kar is the best Vanuatu all around daily driver cultivar. Can relieve anxiety, a little bit social, a decent body/heady balance, some amount of sleep induction depending on the batch, and it’s a strain that opens me up to music enjoyment, euphoria, and some of the heart opening effects of good kava… and also the best specimens of this cultivar have a sort of a unique character overall that is just very pleasant and familiar to me

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
To me bir kar is the best Vanuatu all around daily driver cultivar. Can relieve anxiety, a little bit social, a decent body/heady balance, some amount of sleep induction depending on the batch, and it’s a strain that opens me up to music enjoyment, euphoria, and some of the heart opening effects of good kava… and also the best specimens of this cultivar have a sort of a unique character overall that is just very pleasant and familiar to me
It's grown to be my fav lately & I've been getting it from AOK but I'm either getting strain fatigue or their most recent restock is diff age/batch