What's new

Kava Culture The Kava Flow - Kava vs K@ - Should K@ Be Sold in Kava Bars?

Rick.Sanchez

Kava Enthusiast
Well K@ and kava iirc are both p-glycoprotein substrates and they bith inhibit some of the same CYP isoforms, so there is some serious potential for interaction, but for most, they probably wouldn't experience serious side effects outside of some unpleasant feelings.

I've personally combined K@ and kava all the time, but only therapeutically. I actually really hate taking them together. It's not a fun experience for me in any way. To each their own though.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I don't know a great deal about K@ and fully believe. Human should be able to put whatever they want into their own body. That said like everyone else I don't want K@ associated with kava since K@ is getting a bad rap right now, also if you need to serve K@ to keep your kava bar open then your business deserves to fail.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I'm sure the negative attention probably prompted more of the legal high crowd to want to try it but I have no idea how long its sales have been sustaining kava bars. It would be nice if these threads would discuss what can be done (if anything) to discourage these bars from marketing K@ in the ways that they are rather than mostly bashing K@ or K@ users.
Well actually in the original post here there is a really great idea, which it to maintain a list of the kava bars that already don't sell K@, to encourage good publicity for them.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well, we can scratch what I said about the Kava Kasa in Grand Rapids, MI being discrete about the kr@ tea. They are boasting it now:
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a8b838f7545b67367c4b46eaf8d89080&oe=5A16706B

Attention GR! WE HAVE A NEW PRODUCT AVALIABLE AT KAVA KASA. Let us introduce you to our friend K@. K@ is a plant, and cousin of the coffee family. It is grown throughout South East Asia. It has quite a few unique health benefits. It is a natural pain reliever, rivaling many pharmaceutical grade drugs, it helps to relieve anxiety, increases your immune system and helps you sleep like a baby. Come in and ask for our NEW K@ Tea today! Bula!

Like and Share this post to enter in our weekly contest to win FREE Kava Kasa prizes

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Well, we can scratch what I said about the Kava Kasa in Grand Rapids, MI being discrete about the kr@ tea. They are boasting it now:
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a8b838f7545b67367c4b46eaf8d89080&oe=5A16706B

Attention GR! WE HAVE A NEW PRODUCT AVALIABLE AT KAVA KASA. Let us introduce you to our friend K@. K@ is a plant, and cousin of the coffee family. It is grown throughout South East Asia. It has quite a few unique health benefits. It is a natural pain reliever, rivaling many pharmaceutical grade drugs, it helps to relieve anxiety, increases your immune system and helps you sleep like a baby. Come in and ask for our NEW K@ Tea today! Bula!

Like and Share this post to enter in our weekly contest to win FREE Kava Kasa prizes
I had two friends mix them up to me in person twice last month. The confusion is real, and I don't understand why K@ sales is the de facto kava bar choice. It's not mandatory!

D

Deleted User01

After watching the train wreck in FL with the Kava Bars there, I can't say anything nice on the topic. And if you guys are reading this, you know good and well what I am talking about.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster

I like how they try to normalize it by saying "It's a cousin of the coffee plant!" Goodness gracious, what trashy marketing.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I had two friends mix them up to me in person twice last month. The confusion is real, and I don't understand why K@ sales is the de facto kava bar choice. It's not mandatory!
What I don't understand is when I visited they only sold 2 or 3 cups of kr@ tea, only take out and it was to much younger folk (but not "underage") than the crowd that stayed to drink kava or coffee. And for all the bewildered people walking in they pushed kava and that was what people tried. The kr@ was very discreet and under the table but could only have been a tiny fraction of their sales compared to the kava.

Now they are really pushing the hell out of the kr@, and I do mean pushing.

It's just sad, really.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
What I don't understand is when I visited they only sold 2 or 3 cups of kr@ tea, only take out and it was to much younger folk (but not "underage") than the crowd that stayed to drink kava or coffee. And for all the bewildered people walking in they pushed kava and that was what people tried. The kr@ was very discreet and under the table but could only have been a tiny fraction of their sales compared to the kava.

Now they are really pushing the hell out of the kr@, and I do mean pushing.

It's just sad, really.
It's the herb that guarantees a repeat buyer. It makes business sense, but not ethical sense. @Deleted User are they verbatim pushing it as a kava alternative?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Are they actually knowledgeable about kr@om, or are they parroting their supplier and pushing a high-profit kava "alternative"?
My impression is the owners aren't really knowledgable about either. On their brochure they claim kava is a probiotic.

I also noticed the kava bar now has an on-line shop where their three products are: instant kava, kr@ extract and kr@ extract capsules. http://www.kavakasagr.com/shop/

note: kr@ is legal in MI

verticity

I'm interested in things

Complete with illegal health claims. Woohoo.