What's new

Sports Recovery

kl.Dubkava

Kava Curious
I use kava after football or what you guys might call soccer :) . A little kava (not much to avoid dehydration) directly after sport followed by tons of homemade sports drink is great for the muscles and limbs to recover. Next day stiffness or soreness is greatly reduced. I do find however that drinking kava the night before sport will greatly decrease stamina, speed and reaction time so best to avoid on the day before.

kl.Dubkava

Kava Curious
I would emphasise the fact that dehydration could be an issue so common sense should be adhered to and make sure to replenish those electrolytes. :)

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I don't know where I remember reading this, but one of the best uses for kava in sports recovery is as a team. The group experience of sharing kava not only has the physical benefits you mentioned, it also increases team cohesion.

kl.Dubkava

Kava Curious
Ha ha come to think of it I have read before of some rugby league players in New Zealand who use kava after games as a post match ritual!!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I can see why they would do this. After I work my plot of land (all by hand) to get it ready for planting, I'll have some kava at the end of the day. This really helps for the next day, especially if I have to do a lot of work with the pick axe to break up some heavy clay soil.

kl.c double

Kava Curious
Vekta, if your avatar is a photo of you, pick-axe farming would be one of the last occupations i would have guessed..