What's new

Powdered Kava Review Root and Pestle Melo Melo Instant

Spatch

cpReview
{"Grade":0,"Potency":0,"Mind":0,"Body":0,"Anxiety":0,"Sedative":0,"Taste":"6","Preparation":"","Duration":"","SideEffects":"","Headline":""}
Ok so I am a newb to kava and got hold of some of the Root and Pestle instant Melo Melo.

Great packaging and appearance and mixes very easily in water. Taste is not unpleasant, no nausea at all, and no bitterness.

According to Root and Pestle 15 grams (3 teaspoons) in 300 ml water is a single shell. Interestingly The Kava Society (same product to my knowledge) suggests having 2 teaspoons for one session.

I had 2 teaspoons in a glass of water and felt strong effects. Quite a heady response with some dizziness, feeling spacey, and then full body relaxation.
Being the newb I am I had another teaspoon in water and not long after retired to bed. I probably didn't drink enough water before retiring to bed and unsurprisingly my sleep was ordinary.

The next day was spent in a weird half world of still feeling quite affected by the kava, with a mild headache, some dizziness, a disoriented feeling, and also slight visual perception effects (mainly depth perception - not strong though).

Now that I have researched a little after this first experience I am putting the hangover down to a dose that may have been too strong, too close to bedtime, and not enough water to combat the drying effects of kava.

I know Melo Melo can be regarded as jittery and perhaps the instant variety can be more heady than the root powder. I have also seen other comments here suggesting it is potent.

Let's just say that less may be more with this variety!

Bear in mind that I am new to kava and don't have much to compare to. I have received some Karans to try traditionally, and also waiting on some Classic Kava Instant.

Please comment and let me know what I may be missing here, or about anyone else's experience with R & P Melo Melo or other brand's Melo Melo. Thank you

# As an update to this I have found that one teaspoon in a 200-250ml glass provides a lovely heady sensation, some minor dizziness, and good body relaxation. Finding your correct dosage is important with this one :)

Last edited: