What's new

Kava Preparation Quick method for med grind

Firedog

Kava Curious
Ive been trying out some nambawan this week and i figured out a good little routine for quick prep.

I put my kava in a mason jar, throw in a small rubber ball to give it some agitation, a little hit of milk and some cold water. Shake that for as long as i can, then pour it into a little metal tea infuser with small holes, then stir and tap around with a utensil till the water is in my cup. You can either let the grits settle or stir and chug em too if you feel like a space cadet.
Works good in a pinch.

Bula ::chugger::

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I used a metal sieve when I first started but it took ages to go through. Why not do the shake thing but then just pass it through a nylon food strainer? That would be quicker again.

Firedog

Kava Curious
I used a metal sieve when I first started but it took ages to go through. Why not do the shake thing but then just pass it through a nylon food strainer? That would be quicker again.
with a little stirring or tapping it goes through in seconds for mine. I will look into that too though thanks

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Ive been trying out some nambawan this week and i figured out a good little routine for quick prep.

I put my kava in a mason jar, throw in a small rubber ball to give it some agitation, a little hit of milk and some cold water. Shake that for as long as i can, then pour it into a little metal tea infuser with small holes, then stir and tap around with a utensil till the water is in my cup. You can either let the grits settle or stir and chug em too if you feel like a space cadet.
Works good in a pinch.

Bula ::chugger::
Forney enterprises has a vid on their site for a prep that doesn’t involve even hardly any kneading, but you need several basins and several cloths of increasingly smaller density. Only works with certain types of kava, like nambawan, because of the way they process the grind. Dying to try it, tho.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Forney enterprises has a vid on their site for a prep that doesn’t involve even hardly any kneading, but you need several basins and several cloths of increasingly smaller density. Only works with certain types of kava, like nambawan, because of the way they process the grind. Dying to try it, tho.
Stick it in a blender sounds better to me!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Stick it in a blender sounds better to me!
Then, of course, Real Kava recommends just stirring a spoonful in a glass of water, swashing it about and tossing

I hear plenty of people like it like that way so I am officially not knocking it. As long as people are enjoying their kava I am totally cool with however they’ve found works well for them.

Firedog

Kava Curious
Guess that would be a good way to get all the little sediment out buuut that sediment in the nambawan is what puts me over the moon ::rootedgrin::