What's new

Panic attacks and Phobias !

kl.kavashmava

Kava Curious
Hello.  (smiley: smile)
 I'm new to Kava and am interested in the Paradise Kava. From the limited knowledge I have gained on Kava, I understand that not all Kava's are the same. Since the Paradise Kava has gotten the best reviews on the Kavasseur website, I was wondering if that would be the best one for me ?  I was diagnosed with ptsd/adrenal exhaustion in 2007 and have panic attacks at night and don't sleep well at all. Does anyone here have panic attacks, and what Kava has helped you the most?

Thanks in advance!

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I am in the same boat as you. You'd think as Lord Krunk Admiral of the British Empire, I'd be able to have my pick of boats, but adrenal fatigue and PTSD it is.

From Paradise, I'd advise a large cache of extracts. Seriously, a LARGE cache of extracts. Like twenty of the 10g jars, and just stash them everywhere. In your bedroom, in your livingroom, in your desk at work, on your desk at work, in your car, in your winter coat, in your spring jacket. Just not in your medicine cabinet. Once you become used to the calm euphoria of kava, you'll forget you're taking it for anything medicinal.

Chocolate is the best in terms of solidity. It will stay pretty solid at room temperature and won't separate like the honey-lemon will. In my personal opinion, the Hawaiian Honey & Creamed Coconut is the best tasting.

I also recommend their nine-year-old Isa.

I have had adverse reactions to their Black Beauty Blend. Elizabeth II thinks we should support the US economy by buying from Hawaiian vendors, and I'd love to, but I'm a little scared of being burned again.

Remember, there is security in excess. If possible, buy "The Stash." It has everything you need to feel secure, knowing it'll be a long, long time before you run out of kava.

kl.kavashmava

Kava Curious
Hey, Prince Philip.. You're pretty funny!  (smiley: happy)   

Thanks for your feedback on Paradise!   This is great... I'm going to order myself some Extracts (coconut being my fav, too) right away !  

Are the Extracts just as potent as the Kava powder?

How is the 9 yr old ISA different than the Hawaiian Kava, or which one is more sedating?

I can't find 'the Stash" on the Paradise website.. maybe you were just kidding ? (smiley: smile)

Thank you, and have a Happy New Year 2013!

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
I find the 9 year Isa quite sedating. It also gives off a nice 'next day' afterglo that i've come to love and cherish.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
kavashmava said:
I can't find 'the Stash" on the Paradise website.. maybe you were just kidding ? (smiley: smile)

Thank you, and have a Happy New Year 2013!
Wasn't kidding.  Oh, well, I guess "the stash" is removed as of this time.  It was two 60g jars of extract, two kilos of dried powder, and some fresh frozen kava, if I remember correctly.  It was $650 worth of product for only $600, if I remember correctly.

It's sort of there.  If you go to Hawaiian Kava Powder and click on the tab on the right-hand side for "The Stash" U.S + International Bulk box," there will be a dead link there for "Please click on the Extract and Powder Box," but it only takes one back to the main page.

I want to assume technical issue.  With first quarter bonuses being paid out soon and tax refund money coming in a few months to at least some of us, bulk kava discounts and/or variety sample packs would appear to be in the best interest of all of the vendors.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I used to have really bad anxiety attacks from social anxiety. Kava has reduced how bad they are by a great deal, no ptsd though.

You can't go wrong with Paradise kava products. Besides being very effect it's also very high quality. In the kava world I can't think of any other kava that brings to mind a luxury experience more than Paradise kava does.

I don't know if Isa is the way to go.  This is probably a rare thing, but Isa is a very strong strain and it made me very irritable and angry within mins of drinking a cup of a batch that wasn't even strong. Just 2tbs in a cup and I was anxious and annoyed.   I'm prone to panic attacks, too, and still kinda new to kava, but the kava extracts work pretty well, but if you hurry you can get a jar of double strength.  I was hoping to get some, but the funds aren't there.  The extracts are good, though, even the candy can take the edge off if you're not in a place where you can whip out a jar and spoon.  The best powder I've found for my anxiety is the fijiian, but I have an order of the fresh frozen on the way.  They're out of the Fijiian right now, like The Stash. It's not a myth, they really do sell it, just not at the moment.  The Hawaiian is also very good, but I have to make it a little stronger.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Isa from Kava By Rex made me irritable and angry, but the Nine-Year-Old Isa makes me feel energized but not pissed-off.

kl.kavashmava

Kava Curious
Thank your personal feedback! (Thumbsup)  

I ended up buying myself some Kava hawaiian powder, and a jar of the extract for starters.  By your reviews, I am feeling very hopeful it will help me, and can't wait for it to be delivered!  I'd like to try the Fijian, too , maybe on my next purchase, to compare.   I think I will stay away from the 9yr old ISA, as if it brought up the same side effects for a couple of you, I may be prone to it, as well...

Deleted User, you mentioned liquid Kava.. You said it was stronger or better for sleep issues ?  Did you mean the fresh frozen one, or is this another brand ?

Anyways, so glad Paradise Kava is helping you all !!  I can't imagine, because I have already tried 2 types/brands of Kava  and so far with no effects felt  at all. The first one was from' Life Choice' brand that comes in capsules , and the other was some Vanuatu Kava from a local herb store. .

When I get my Paradise Kava, I will write back with my results(smiley: smile)

Thanks

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
kavashmava said:
Deleted User, you mentioned liquid Kava.. You said it was stronger or better for sleep issues ?  Did you mean the fresh frozen one, or is this another brand?

Liquid, drinkable kava, as opposed to pills or extracts or candies.