What's new

Ono is Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Yeah, I really liked Cactus Kava 'Ono. Very clean and uplifting!

What's the actual cultivar?
That's a difficult question to answer. The answer I almost always get is "Borogu", which is never the actual case. In looking through Lebot's "Origins", the closest cultivar it comes to is called "Small Leaf" -- but I've never actually heard of this cultivar outside of his book.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
That's a difficult question to answer. The answer I almost always get is "Borogu", which is never the actual case. In looking through Lebot's "Origins", the closest cultivar it comes to is called "Small Leaf" -- but I've never actually heard of this cultivar outside of his book.
It's delicious, whatever it is. I think there's a lot of stuff called Boroguru, Borogu, Borongoru, Boronguru, etc. out there that is probably not. Bogoru on one island might be called something else somewhere else.

I shall call it 'Ono.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
On my third day of Ono and I'm really loving it. I've been off Valium for three days and can definitely feel the muscle tension and anxiety - until I gulp down a couple shells of Ono. Been moving a lot of furniture today also, and aching bad! Just had one shell Ono and felt the effects within 10 minutes - so much better! Freaking good stuff!
Just finished the sample pack and ordered more today. Hope it arrives soon!!!

Tomtom

Kava Curious
I just tried Ono for the first time. Used the alu ball and probably 5 tablespoons in a few batches. Very relaxing but clear-headed. Much easier to drink than many other kavas I tried. Tomorrow I'm going to knead it for the first time and drink more!

Asmrtica

Kava Curious
is this a heady one? or heavy? I just placed an order for the sampler so now I'm looking for info on which to try for what :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
It feels more like Melo Melo to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.