What's new

Nuka Hiva Trading Company ?

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
Great customer service. In particular they have the best Hawaiian Isa I've tried so far and their Tonga Fu'u is also very good. I didn't care for their Hawaiian Hiwa as much as the Hawaiian Kava Centers.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
I've known John and Rebecca F. for years now. They are good people Kavalogue, have not tried much of their kava recently.

kl.Jerome

Kava Curious
Nuka Hiva was one of the first Kava suppliers I purchased from quite a few years back.  Great products.  I recommend the rootlets they offer for a unique experience.  Chewing the tender kava roots hits you pretty quick with a potent and long lasting effect.  Not too mention its quite convenient.

kl.Jerome

Kava Curious
By the way, I'm new here. I never knew there was a kava discussion board. I've been drinking it for 12 years, sometimes heavy, sometimes light (liver is doing just fine according to my doctor).

I've got some cold Mo'i waiting for me now. Cheers!

Jeremy

Was looking forward to trying some kava from this supplier.  Their website is active as of 3/11/12 and will take your money if you order.  However, they never delivered.  Tried to call, but the phone had been disconnected.  E-mailed, but got no response.  Had to dispute the charge.  The whole online order thing was ugly.  Perhaps something unfortunate happened to them?  I would like to think so and that they did not intentionally try to fleece me.

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
I also had a problem with an order. I expected it to be sent shortly after my order  in early February and was desperately waiting . Several emails remain unanswered. Finally they said the order had been dispatched in the end of February, and in the meantime it arrived. Their email said

"Our order to the Vanuatu supplier was placed
over 2 months ago, the order never came, the supplier vanished and so did
our money. This after 5 years of doing business together. To fill our
outstanding orders I purchased kava from another retailer who took his time
sending it. I should have perhaps acted sooner but I was sure that sooner or
later  our shipment would arrive"

I can't accept that they refused to talk to their customers for weeks. I won't order again.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
I sent them an email asking them if they were operational and I received no response. Thats really unprofessional to let keep the website up if they dont intend to fill orders.

Edit: I received a response. Very honest and to the point. I plan to order from them when they're a go. Prices are great.

Hello Jason, Thanks for the email. Nothing like being direct. Yes, your
> quite right, we've had trouble filling our orders, Fda taking months to
> clear shipments, shipments missing and so on. I would say another month
> before we actually catch up. Once we're shipshape again we intend to send
> out a email to let our clients know that we can deliver what they order
> without delay. I'll include you on the mailing of course. Sorry we can't be
> of help at this time. Best, John F P.S. We will have Isa available in a
> couple of weeks at which time I will be in touch. JF

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Received a follow up email. They seem like good folk. I'm going to place an email when they get up and running.

Hello Jason,

We've got Isa, Hiwa and Mahakea ready to grind.  The problem now is that our grinder people drastically raised their per pound rates, which we are unwilling to pass on to our customers.

However, we ordered and received our own grinder, which John is putting together and ironing out glitches.  Our goal is to be filling orders for ground kava by the end of this week, but I hesitate to make a promise we may not be able to keep.

Just thought you'd want to know what's going on.

Best,

Rebecca Fowler

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Hi. Yes I've received follow up emails, although I have not yet ordered. Just send them an email. I believe they are trustworthy. It depends if they are set up to fulfill the orders. [email protected]

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
John is a good guy, and one of the first people I met in the biz. Being in Hawaii, he is one offer folks that can get fresh kava, but often the shipping overnight is more than the kava itself, and some inevitably goes bad in transition. that said, the packing and protection has gotten MUCH better over they years, and it is a nice change from the usual power you can get.

Personally, I'm not down with Isa. Lebot introduced it some years ago to Hawaii with specific instructions that it was for research only, not for drinking. But, when some farmers saw the rate at which it grew, they saw dollar signs.

~AP