What's new

New to kava, little bit unsure.

sam1

Hi there,

I recently made my first purchase of Kava (Kava King micronised Venuatu) and today is my second day of trying it. I have been reading about reverse tolerance but I'm a little confused as to how much i should be drinking and how many times a day to build myself up. At the moment i have been drinking 1 heaped tbsp with 6oz mix of 1/4 milk and rest water and havn't really felt much, I was thinking of doing this 2 times a day. Can I increase the amount or the frequency I'm drinking to breathrough RT quicker ??

Thanks for reading my nooby questions and thanks in advance to any replies.

Peace

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Hi there,
Hi Sam!
I recently made my first purchase of Kava (Kava King micronised Venuatu) and today is my second day of trying it. I have been reading about reverse tolerance but I'm a little confused as to how much i should be drinking and how many times a day to build myself up.
How much is how much is largely dependent on you, and your body chemistry, so it's hard to give hard and fast rules.

Kava King is micronized kava with some other stuff, so for me, 1tsp of micronized is basically one shell's worth for me. I like a session to consist of 3-4 (sometimes 5) shells and then I sort of naturally stop.

At the moment i have been drinking 1 heaped tbsp with 6oz mix of 1/4 milk and rest water and havn't really felt much, I was thinking of doing this 2 times a day. Can I increase the amount or the frequency I'm drinking to breathrough RT quicker ??
My completely unsubstantiated opinion is that during RT the more kava you drink, the faster you get through RT. However. If you don't limit your rate of intake, it's numbing effects in your stomach cause nausea and other unpleasant things. Spacing your shells out 15 minutes or more doesn't bomb your gut with a confusion spell.
Thanks for reading my nooby questions and thanks in advance to any replies.
Peace
Feel free to ask any and all newbie questions. We have a lot of knowledgeable people on here who all share a love of kava.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Sam, welcome to the forums. I have tried the kava king kava you speak of and it is good stuff. I personally use 2-3 tablespoons of powder per cup of water for this one and I drink 1-2 cups. I know some who use more and some who use less. Try a bit more if you think your current dose is too weak. Once you find your dose then you can play with it to see how low you can go to get what ever effects your looking for.
Some like it strong to get a strong feeling and some like it weak and use is a few times a day. I hope this helps. Aloha.

Chris

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I say this to everyone who asks a similar question but after drinking your kava (after the session) eat something small like a slice of toast and then drink half a pint of semi skimmed milk. I find this "opens up" the kava. I think it has something to do with helping my body "use" or accept the kava properly. I'm yet to have anyone tell me that there is any sense behind this or that the same works for them but it works for me so may help others. Worth a try at least. I haven't used the kava you mention but I know 1 tablespoon of instant is a pretty good amount for me in 3/4 cup (6 oz more or less) of water. I have never found mixing the kava with milk to make any difference.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Kava Forums @sam1! ::awesomesmiles:: What the guys have said is good advice. Just keep pluggin' away.

sam1

Thanks for all the great replies all.

Currently on day 3 so will keep going until this bag Is finished, I have just had a morning glass on an empty stomach and I feel something.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Don't think about it too much. Couple times a day or however you feel like. Just don't go ham with it and drink like 5-6 times a day...unless you like feeling like an old dried out boot. :D

If you do drink it that much at some point your body will probably tell you "whoa, slow down their cowboy". Listen if that happens.

::happyshell::