What's new

Mixing extract

kl.canadianguy

Kava Curious
Hi guys, just got my extract order and anxious to try it. The instructions on the bottle say to stir  the extract but it is very solid to me and i can barely pierce it without causing it to flake apart. What should i do? Should i try and stir it even if its this tough. The bottle was in my outdoor mailbox and maybe hard because its cold outside. If thats the case how do you guys recommend I proceed before use?

kl.kavashmava

Kava Curious
Hi Canadianguy.   I am just a kava newbie myself, so if I'm wrong, please somebody correct me ~ 

OK, so  I also just recently got the Extract, and saw those same instructions on the leaflet. However, if you look on the label of the extract ( I believe those are the correct ones),  it says that you only need to scratch a pea size amount and then you place it on your tongue. It should dissolve in your mouth right away.  Hope that helps.(smiley: happy)

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
you need to let it thaw...i had the same problem. it's so damn cold here that my extract was frozen, but after a bit, it seems to loosen up and you can stir it and start your session.

kl.kavashmava

Kava Curious
Oh wow, so you do need to stir it! hehe What do you stir it with ~ a little toothpick or something? Do you just stir it one time once you get it, and then put or keep it in the fridge? Mine is very solid when  I keep it in the the fridge. Thanks(smiley: happy)

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
I actually didn't put mine in the fridge because it got hard again, so i just keep it in my closet, and i stir it with the end of a small spoon and then rub than under my tounge.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Hold on, we are talking about three objects at minimum.

If you have the chocolate exact, then all hope is lost unless you keep it in your pocket, on a hot day, while running a fever. OK, maybe nothing that intense, but the chocolate extract is HARD. If its the coconut extract, the sample I had either wasn't large enough or didn't last long enough to have any noticeable separation, but I still stirred it all the same. The honey lemon extract, if you keep it in a room-temperature environment, forms little globes of whatnot that are nigh-impossible to recombine into a homogenous liquid.

Keep calm and carry on.