What's new

Misleading page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
Is it just me, or in light of the research, does this page seem to give a story by not telling the whole story? Yes, kavalactones are 'safe.' (Well, except for yangonin, in really high amounts, according to the Zhou study.) But, what about other molecules found in some kava strains, but not others, in ADDITION to the kavalactones?

http://www.konakavafarm.com/kava-tudei.html

Lebot very clearly states that he would not recommend for anyone to drink tudei kava. Additionally, he told me years ago regarding Isa, "...don't drink it!"

This is exactly why there needs to be a qualitative standard, and if there is any doubt, I believe erring on the side of caution would be recommended.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm not sure if that's a new page or not, but it seems as if they're just defending in general that kavalactones present in root don't cause liver damage. I think they're in need of an update in light of the recent news in regards to FKB being present in isa.

infraredz

BULA!
You're absolutely right Andrew. This claim "In conclusion, Tudei kava is as safe and effective as other varieties of kava." is just incorrect.

It's not kavalactones that are dangerous, it's other secondary metabolites such as FKB and Piper Methysticine that are toxic, and tudei has been proven to have FKB in the rhizome.

Status
Not open for further replies.