What's new

Powdered Kava Review Melomelo Vanuatu Kava

RevRad

Kava Curious
Gonna try to keep this even shorter than my last review.

I prepared my quart jar like last time, there was maybe 3 or 4oz of Samoa Ava left yesterday but it's pretty insignificant in a quart jar. The taste is leaning towards pretty strong and offensive, but nothing worse than many other kavas I've had. I drank a quarter of it, didn't feel much, and then drank it to almost the half way mark.

I thought I was feeling nothing for a while and then it suddenly hit within seconds like a freight train. Clouded mind, though not in a particularly negative way, fairly strongly sedating, but not as anxiolytic as the other kavas I've reviewed recently. Body feels on the high end of moderately relaxed but not quite to extremely relaxed. I like it, as always with kava, but I do prefer the anxiety crushers a bit more.

I noticed there's more sediment in my jar than usual but that might be because I used warmer water and kneaded it for much longer and a bit more aggressively than my last 2 preps. I actually tried to filter it using some paper towels since I feel like the sediment upsets my GI tract a bit, but after messing that up twice I decided to just use it as is to avoid spilling the whole thing or something.

Last edited:

RevRad

Kava Curious
The forum won't let me change the potency rating, I don't think I set it to 5/5 at first so I'm not sure how it got there anyway, but I give it maybe 3/5. It's not weak, just not very strong compared to other KWK products. And for what it is, it's fine. I like just getting a very slight kava buzz sometimes rather than being totally KO'd like most kavas make me.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
The forum won't let me change the potency rating, I don't think I set it to 5/5 at first so I'm not sure how it got there anyway, but I give it maybe 3/5. It's not weak, just not very strong compared to other KWK products. And for what it is, it's fine. I like just getting a very slight kava buzz sometimes rather than being totally KO'd like most kavas make me.
Done...not sure why you couldn't edit it.