What's new

Melo Melo

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Howdy yall,
I just tried Melo Melo last night. Really easy down the hatch, tastes great. I could see making some kind of kavajava out of this stuff. The effect I got was pleasant, but minimal and short-lived (not that I expected it to knock me out).
I know Judd has said that this was his fav, so wondering if there are any prep tips from Judd or anyone else who has tried it. I enjoyed the sensation, but would love if I could stretch it out a bit.
I soaked overnight, blended 2-3 minutes, hand kneaded for 10 minutes, and then downed a few shells at once, then a few again about 15 minutes later. I used a half-cup of the root powder to who knows how much water... but it's hard to say how much of that I consumed because me and my wife were both drinking it. I'm sure I drank a good bit more than she did. She wasn't sure if she felt it or not.
It may also be that I'm not attune to the sensation just yet. Sometimes I have to try a kava a few times before I know what I'm getting out of it and adjust my behavior to it.

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
Melo melo is my fav from bula besides black bag. Melo melo was funny for me, I had to take a high dose it seemed to get an effect and that effect was epic. I find it is a nice head and body kava, supreme relaxation. I generally had to take 5 to 6 tablespoons to have an effect worth writing home about. I think it may be due to the grind, which was coarse for me I find finer grinds easier to get krunked on.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I liked melo melo but it is definatly mild and a good daytime kava, not too much in the heavily krunking department. I think I'll be going back to my tried and true boroguro as I tend to enjoy high DHM strains more. I'm considering the black bag but I want to see some reports come in that affirm it's as good as the last batch. Not that I've ever had anything but great transaction with BKH, I'm just kind of a misinthrope and want to be certain that lighning has in fact struck twince.

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
I'm working through a kilo of melo melo right now. At first I was pretty disappointed. I stopped kava for a while, so that might of been part of it. Now I think Melo Melo is pretty good. It's quite different from other kavas. Not very numbing on the mouth, but the krunkness is numbing. I'm satisfied, but I'm gonna judge how the rest of this kilo goes to see if I'd buy it again. Normally I prefer heavier kavas than this.

kl.Dukester

Kava Curious
I'm starting to wonder if I should've gotten Melo Melo instead of Fu'u. To anyone that has tried both, can you give a brief description of the differences in taste, consistency, and effects.

Thanks

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
They can effect everyone differently, for me melo melo literally just made me mellow.

I was kind of depressed before drinking it and where some kava has an uplifting feeling to them this made me so mellow I didn't feel like doing anything. For me it didn't have any other kava effects like head or body, just super mellow.

Ill try it again when I'm in a better mood.