What's new

Malekula Magic

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I had a lot of sleep (compared to the past 2 weeks) my mom took the baby while we got to catch up on some sleep today so I probably had like 12 hours of sleep today but feel really tired still, was wondering if this kava made any one else sleepy the next day? I don't know if its the kava I had last night or just the fact of low sleep with a newborn.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
the passed two times I have drunk this its made me very sleepy, which normally I would have considered a god send, though having a new born and having to wake up to tend to her every 1 1/2 to 2 hours its hard to want to wake up to do those things.. was wondering if any one knew of a kava with effects similar to this without the sleepiness?

kl.Klyde

Kava Curious
I just tried the Magic in combo with N@H's Solomons..... What a lovely combo..... just thought I'd share how well these two compliment one another

kl.Sub.chemtrails

Kava Curious
This kava is good stuff. I just got a batch and I am very pleased. The taste especially was a surprice. It is the best tasting kava I have tried and the effect is good.

kl.Sub.chemtrails

Kava Curious
It certainly is. My favorite kava is hands down N@H's Tongan, but this is a close contender with a similar effect and a better taste. Don't worry though N@h. Nothing can replace my Tongan kava.

starsofclay

Kava Enthusiast
hmm.. not too impressed with this one. not only did it take a month for it to come in the mail, but i seriously don't feel any effects at all outside of slightly relaxed. and i've been drinking kava for over a month now. should i up the ratio of kava to water? i wouldn't mind doing that if it helped, but once the bag is gone i don't think i'll bother with the hassle of getting another one.

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
Did anyone get a new order recently?

I usually take 5-10 gramms every morning and squeeze it in water. The first two packages were really fine. Now with the third delivery from October (one of the last for a reasonable price - in the meantime a pound costs 62.95 !) I recognize a bad aftertaste which I don't know from any other Kava. I also miss the typical euphorica feeling.

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
After a few mails the VKS sent me as replacement a new package. And because this didn't arrive after two months, eben a third package. In the meantime both packages have arrived, and I now have 2,25 kg Malekula Magic.

I tried the new stuff and ... I am very disappointed. This is the same weak stuff. It tastes bad and does  n o t h i n g.
What a pity. The MM that I got in summer 2011 was a great and very potent Kava.

Goodby VKS.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Just made a batch of Malekula Magic from Vanuatu Kava Bar

I will say that I think this batch is before the newer batches which Andrew said they are making some changes to insure better quality.

for me this was only body effect, zero head effect at all. (absolutely zero, didnt feel like i had taken anything in my head)

and the body effect was very different than boroguru or kbr fiji, i couldnt really tell that anything had happened until i stood up, and then i could feel muscle relaxer but no where near as strong as the two i just mentioned. I am thinking that the other two feel even stronger because they both have some head effect to accompany the body effect, but since this one didnt have any head effect at all it didnt feel like as much was happening.

it did take away my back pain though

the other thing is that for me this is one of the most dehydrating kavas ive ever had. my leather hands had been cured for the last month or so, but after 1 day of using this they returned.

The dehydration most likely from all the pesticides in the kava. Do you really trust some $1 company from a third world country to care about your health or issues like quality control etc. Be careful what you put in your mouth.

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
stonedndangerous said:
The dehydration most likely from all the pesticides in the kava. Do you really trust some $1 company from a third world country to care about your health or issues like quality control etc. Be careful what you put in your mouth.
Pesticides in Kava? A $1 company? Are you seriously talking about VKS?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Also that third world country is where nearly all of the kava is grown that we know and love (minus Hawaiian, Tongan, Fijian, and Solomon strains which hold their own magic). It was also named the happiest place on earth.

I can say one thing with some certainty, and that is Vanuatu is a very beloved spot on the map by those who enjoy kava.

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
stonednddangerous:
Anyone who knows the situation in Vanuatu knows how costly and troublesome it would be to get pesticides or fertilizers to the outer islands.  the cost and effort would likely not be worth the return from the additional growth!
Not to mention, EVERY SHIPMENT of kava that we get from Vanuatu carries a Certificate of Analysis, so unless there has been some independent testing of our stocks that demonstrates different (for the record, our last shipment was held by FDA for their own testing, and it matched our C of A and was released without incident) I would watch what is said or written, because libel is something that can result in expensive litigation.
~AP