What's new

Micronized Kava Review Kumakua

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
First off full disclosure I got this for free. It just came along with the papa kea I ordered. This is what happens when you do business with awesome people.

Anyway y'all know I am not a big fan of micronized kava. Well after reading Chris's post about how he removes all of the coarse fibers from the kava before grinding it, I decided to give it another go. Per Deleted User01's suggestion I took 2 heaping tablespoons and off I went. This stuff is nice and strong. Very heady -- my head is spinning a little. Keep in mind I will generally use 8 tablespoons with the traditional method. But what's really great is that I'm not getting any of the digestive upset that I normally get with micronized.

The only downside is the texture. The convenience factor is higher with micronized but as a fairly experienced kava drinker it's never the taste that gets you, it's the texture, and micronized has a lot of it. Stir really well, have a chaser ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Kavaduuuuuddddde. I didn't mean for you to do 2 tablespoons in 1 drink! :eek: I should have told you that I did 2.5 tablespoons in (2) 8oz drinks filled with ice. Oh well, I guess you got your daily recommended dose of fiber for the day. :rolleyes: When doing any kind of Kava drink, you need a spoon. The good stuff always goes to the bottom. I love Micronized because I can dump a tablespoon in a yummy drink with ice and sip on it at my leisure while I'm working at my desk (as opposed to gulp and gag). You guys that use plain water, well, I salute you brave lads.

Great review never the less. I looked up the chemotype on that rare Kava and it looks the same as the Papa Kea. Please compare the two for us as you progress through your Hawaiian adventure. Sorry Dude, I will be more explicit next time you ask me for dosage.:D

P.S. I don't see KumaKua on the GHK web site. Could there be another Fresh Harvest in progress? So many Kavas and so little time ....

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Ah -- well that explains some things. It was hard to get down but not too too strong. I'd say I used maybe half a glass of water for each tablespoon, so, I could have used a lot more.

D

Deleted User01

I tell ya. I'm used to drinking micronized in Kava Kocktails so I never feel the micronized, just the effects. I think I will continue doing it that way. Like with the chocolate sodas, I was concentrating on the taste of the soda and so I didn't notice any grittiness or any other negative effect. If I do stuff in water, then my taste buds zero in on the negative aspects of Kava. I did do a dab of micronized in a dab of water in my analysis and the taste wasn't offensive.