What's new

Kava Shudders

kl.kavanoob

Kava Curious
The taste is horrible, but thankfully I tried something much worse as a kid... Chinese Herbal Medicine. That stuff is undrinkable. Now every time I'm drinking Kava I can just think of the Chinese Herbal Medicine for relief.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
sakamoto said:
I was working my way through a bag of White Sand, really enjoying the taste. Without thinking, I mixed up a batch of Stone, took a slug, and... all of a sudden remembered why people said the taste was bad...

I'm pretty sure I shuddered. I think I also clutched my throat and tried to gurgle something weak and profane.
Stone is one of the worst tasting strains in my experience.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Stone is the worst, no contest. Is it because it's so potent? Or does it just taste really bad? The world may never know.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Stone is the only strain my wife will drink. She hates the taste of the rest. She may not be normal though.

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
Some get the shudder, and some don't.  I first heard of this in Vanuatu, where it was referred to as the "shell chill."  I used to not like it, as it was sort of a "shaking off of the taste," but since then, I have embraced it.
Enjoy the chill!
~AP

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Papakava said:
Some get the shudder, and some don't.  I first heard of this in Vanuatu, where it was referred to as the "shell chill."  I used to not like it, as it was sort of a "shaking off of the taste," but since then, I have embraced it.
Enjoy the chill!
~AP
Ha, no kidding.

kl.pjim

Kava Curious
The taste isnt what kills me so much as the smell. I have been putting a gummy candy under my nose to breathe in the smell after chugging a shell. I sounds funny, but it works. My mind gets distracted by the sweet fruity smell while I chug some water and get that horrific taste out of my mouth.