What's new

Kava Lounge, 1000th Discussion, why do you drink Kava?

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Howdy folks, just wanted to celebrate the Kava Lounges 1000th discussion with the most basic common question there is. Why do you drink kava?

I would say I drink kava for panic attacks, and a calm feeling in the evenings that's helps to induce
sleep. I have also been tapering off of some meds in the benzo category. I find that kava can be very
Beneficial, for helping to detox off drugs. So that's my reason for drinking kava. What is yours?
Much Love, Roaddog....

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I started drinking kava because I suffer from anxiety and stress and I was looking for an alternative to alcohol. So far, I have to say that at times kava is very effective, most of the time. It's sort of hit or miss sometimes, but well, that's true of alcohol also and the side effects of kava are much more acceptable.

That being said, I'm sort of ... I don't want to use the word addiction because I think in my case it's a little too strong, but I definitely have a habit of drinking beer. I've been doing it for a long time. So I guess it's normal. Anyway, I'm looking at quitting alcohol altogether. And after that, I think I will have a better perspective on kava.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Because it's a lot of fun, it helped me quit drinking and lose a bunch of weight.

I thankfully don't and did not have severe anxiety when I started drinking kava, but it's made me even more relaxed than I was. Very little phases me these days.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Because it's a lot of fun, it helped me quit drinking and lose a bunch of weight.

I thankfully don't and did not have severe anxiety when I started drinking kava, but it's made me even more relaxed than I was. Very little phases me these days.
loose weight you say??? I have lost probably 25 pounds since I have been drinking Kava. Now, I have been eating well, and I stopped all my soda drinking. I used to drink a 6 pack of coke a day. Now its 1 sprite, with dinner. Only water all day long. Also I have been using a lot of fiber, as I have heard it helps with weight loss. But I never thought of the kava? I can see how it could help. I find dinner to be usually pretty small, after 2 hours of consuming Kava. Also I have been working out, as I have heard it helps with withdrawals. So I have been working out, and running around a farm all day, doing a good amount of chores. I have noticed I have toned up a little even. Not quit a six pack stomach, or anything. But still a noticeable amount. I never even thought that kava could play a role in that. But I think it may. Much love. Roaddog....

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Yeah. I don't think kava is like a magical weight loss supplement, but (1) I replaced alcohol which has a massive amount of calories with kava which has barely any and (2) I always drink on an empty stomach and I find kava also suppresses my appetite. So these days I rarely if at all eat anything after 2PM.

I wish I had put weight loss on the census as I have heard this from a lot of people.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Listen I just started this thread, thinking 1000th post = a balloons, confetti, and maybe one of those great big Checks, handed to me, from last years Miss universe. I can see that's not how it works. I could tell that by @HeadHodge s reply. Because I can. Too funny ::awesomesmiles::But It is kind of cool, how we have 1000 threads, in the Kava Lounge. Hell to the Yea.

Thanks for the reply there @kavadude , on the weight loss. Gives me something to think about. Much Love, Roaddog....

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Listen I just started this thread, thinking 1000th post = a balloons, confetti, and maybe one of those great big Checks, handed to me, from last years Miss universe. I can see that's not how it works. I could tell that by @HeadHodge s reply. Because I can. Too funny ::awesomesmiles::But It is kind of cool, how we have 1000 threads, in the Kava Lounge. Hell to the Yea.

Thanks for the reply there @kavadude , on the weight loss. Gives me something to think about. Much Love, Roaddog....
minions-conga-line.gif

zeneszek.gif

emoticon_full_band_hg_clr.gif

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I started drinking kava due to anxiety too, lucky for me I found out quite quickly that kava had a numerous amounts of tricks up her sleeve. Not only did I find reduced anxiety, I found a lessening of my impulsive nature (aka, addictive) and the quality of my sleep skyrocketed. Also...I just so happened to find an awesome community of people I may not have had I not found kava ::awesomesmiles::

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I drink kava for many reasons. The main reason is because it works well for so many things and I like it. I never got into alcohol I did not like the taste if you can believe that, so I drink kava since it has been part of my family since I was small. My grandmother used to tell me how she would chew the kava root for her father. What a way to make kava. :nailbiting:
I like the fact that this is the number 1000 post but I think there will be more excitement when we get 1000 members. :)
Aloha.

Chris

Kava_newbie

Mi Kava, su Kava
I went to the library one day not too long ago a rented out a book about herbs that help with stress. (Herbs for the Miind - by Jonathon R.T Davidson M.D and Kathryn M. Connor M.D) It is a very informative book. I am dealing with a lot of stress and anxiety as of late due to a severe knee injury - among other things - alcoholism and the girl of my dreams leaving me because of it. I also am opposed to pescription pills and painkillers. Which led me to finding this book and ultimately to joining this awesome community of like minded people :)

The book talks about and details 4 herbs that help with the mind, Valerian, St. John's Wort, Ginkgo, and last but definitely not least Kava.

So the day after reading about Kava - which I could find very little information on the internet - I went to one of my health supplement stores and bought a jar of capsules. The owner was very intrigued about me wanting it as she had only had those 3 jars for about a month and a half - we had a really good conversation that day. Since beginning to take the capsules, which I open and mix with a glass of water, I feel much more relaxed and don't feel the need nor desire to have a beer or six.

I just purchased my 2nd jar of capsules which I feel is working for me although I am still waiting on my 1st ever order of GHK Boroguru...hope it comes in soon.

Cheers, Kava_newbie

Roaddog

Kava Who?
@Kava_newbie Don't worry, once you've graduated past newbie, we'll let you upgrade your username. We'd even let you have KorporalCrunk.
That's too funny. I was thinking that same thing when I say Newbie, in his username. I thought to myself, do you really want to have that username, like in a year? But I figured @Kava_newbie had already taken that into account. Good that you gave him a back door. Much love. Roaddog....