What's new

kava is such a good painkiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred Journey

Kava Curious
it actually works very well for physical and mental pain without causing the horrendous withdrawal found in opioids. this makes kava a useful and amazing beverage. What are your experiences using kava for pain relief?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Usually just the subtle pains of labor are taken away after a shell or two. Similar to cannabis in relief in my opinion. I don't have severe pain so cant say for sure. But I've been in some intense enorphin states from kava

Sacred Journey

Kava Curious
what is an enorphin state? I dont know what that means.

I find kava helps to relieve the mental tension that goes along with physical pain for me. Perhaps if you dont suffer from mental tension and resistance its not as valuable to you. But I find when i am in a stat of painful tension I drink a cup of kava and BAM relaxation everywhere.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Endorphin state I mean as it seems to release natural endorphins vs actual mimicking an endorphin like an opiate.
The having of actual pain seems to enhance this effect or better yet kava helps your body deal with pain by itself more.
In the case of mixing spicy food with a heavy kava. Can activate an endorphin rush or endorphin state where as you feel similar to opiates. Warmth and pain relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.