What's new

Kava For Creativity

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I'm a freelance writer. I'm wondering if there are certain strains that are better for creativity. Boronguru has become my go-to Kava. I've been suffering from writer's block, and I'm wondering if the Kava has anything to do with it? I don't think it would, but I'm still new to this. Also is there any strains that would be better for stimulating my creativity? You would think that Kava's relaxing and mind clearing properties would have me writing better. May just be other circumstances. IDK.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I wrote my entire Master's thesis (170 pages!) while drinking Nakamal at Home's Solomons Kava. I don't know what the chemotype profile is on that, but I found it to be incredibly inspiring.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
I may have to try that. The problem may be external factors and not really being interested in what I'm writing. I am, however, interested in a paycheck. Hence, my dilemma.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
I'm a freelance writer. I'm wondering if there are certain strains that are better for creativity. Boronguru has become my go-to Kava. I've been suffering from writer's block, and I'm wondering if the Kava has anything to do with it? I don't think it would, but I'm still new to this. Also is there any strains that would be better for stimulating my creativity? You would think that Kava's relaxing and mind clearing properties would have me writing better. May just be other circumstances. IDK.
When I'm drinking kava, I turn into a super, super lazy guy. I wish I could do what @Kavasseur says, because it would be magical. Unfortunately, kava just doesn't work like that in my system.

It might be because I drink a pretty thick brew, so you might be able to get away with drinking a super weak grog whilst still working.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
The headier kavas and even boronguru which is supposed to be more balanced are energizing for me. I usually drink one fairly weak drink to get my day started and a stronger one in the evenings. Kavas that are more sedating to me do make me lazy. I'm wondering if I need a heavier Kava to drink at night. Maybe it would help more with my stress and help me be more creative in the long run. Which to try? A creativity inducing stimulating Kava or a knock you on your rear night time Kava? I can't afford both at the moment.

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Yep. Mo'i works for that. Also BKH's 11 year waka.

Consider your dopamine levels too. It may sound weird but that can have a lot to do with writer's and/or musician's block. Think about taking L-Tyrosine or Mucuna Pruriens to regulate your levels... My 2 cents...

Slow Native

All the way!!
When I'm drinking kava, I turn into a super, super lazy guy. I wish I could do what @Kavasseur says, because it would be magical. Unfortunately, kava just doesn't work like that in my system.

It might be because I drink a pretty thick brew, so you might be able to get away with drinking a super weak grog whilst still working.
True dat homie