What's new

kava bar's kava potency

infraredz

BULA!
I recently found a kava bar and am surprised at how many shells I need to consume to feel the effects I normally do from 6 tablespoons of Stone. It takes 8 3oz shells for e. Is this normal? Usually I make my kava in a large soup bowl and so it is obviously much thicker and more potent, but I'm wondering if its normal to need that many shells or if that's a consequence of a kava bar (business).

Bula!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Interesting, I'd like to hear from someone who has tried known brands at Bula Kava House or Nakamal at Home if anyone is willing to share.

infraredz

BULA!
Just as a second report (for sake of a more accurate experience), this time the brew seemed a tiny bit stronger, but it was also coming from a container that wasn't as full (which I think caused the thick grog to settle down to the bottom). That being said, it still took 8 (3oz) shells to feel the equivalent of 6 tablespoons of Stone brewed my way. Out of curiosity, I asked how they prepared their Kava and apparently it is done in a blender (for about 5-10mins) then strained (and mixed with juice for some).

Could it be that I drink my brew within 2 minutes (the whole thing, because it's only 6-8oz) and at the Kava bar it takes longer to consume (I don't want to be disrespectful and start pounding shell after shell right after another)?