What's new

Kava and body temp

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Just curious what peoples experiences have been with kavas effect on your body temperature.

Personally, I get a little cold after I drink it. I live in Texas and run the ceiling fan 24/7 but I will usually get up and turn it off about 15 minutes after drinking kava.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I would say I get the opposite. But there would be a reason for it. I try to just do nothing during Kava time, but it falls into my feed the animals time too. So I take my kava, and run around for about a half an hour, to get all the end day chores done. So that usually works up a bit of sweat. This leads to me being hot, during kava, to where I come in and set in front of the air conditioner.::couch:: Much love. Roaddog....

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Man I don't know how you do that. I once made the mistake of chugging kava after lifting weights and then running to get the mail (I live in the woods so it's a decent run). Never again.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@kavadude I get so cold I have to hide on the couch under a blanket. Luckily I've found a blanket the exact same color as the couch, so basically after kava I meld with the couch.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
@kavadude I get so cold I have to hide on the couch under a blanket. Luckily I've found a blanket the exact same color as the couch, so basically after kava I meld with the couch.
I have a thermophore heating pad on my back right now. I love that thing.

I also get quite cold (I especially feel it in my hands), but maybe it's just New Zealand winter (which is relatively mild, but most buildings have no insulation).
It's been in the 100s here the past week (high 30s celsius) and quite humid as well so it's definitely not just you.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
@kavadude , do you keep the air conditioner on? You folks may use swamp coolers? Anyway, I got the old AC running 24/7 right know. We are reaching temps in the 100s here later this week. Just love, working outside in those temps. So also I have to deal with that, which makes me want to be cool at night time. Much love. Roaddog...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I just got a new 410 A.C. Unit installed this winter. Upsized that mother by half a ton. 71 degrees in here year round at this point. Working for a refrigeration company has it's perks!

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I just got a new 410 A.C. Unit installed this winter. Upsized that mother by half a ton. 71 degrees in here year round at this point. Working for a refrigeration company has it's perks!
Yea, I try for 72. But it can be a strain on my ol window units. Much love. Roaddog....

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
@kavadude , do you keep the air conditioner on? You folks may use swamp coolers? Anyway, I got the old AC running 24/7 right know. We are reaching temps in the 100s here later this week. Just love, working outside in those temps. So also I have to deal with that, which makes me want to be cool at night time. Much love. Roaddog...
All the time. I'm a wimp, I'll admit it. We have a pretty newish efficient house (like maybe 7 years old?) and a good AC so it is not that bad.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
All the time. I'm a wimp, I'll admit it. We have a pretty newish efficient house (like maybe 7 years old?) and a good AC so it is not that bad.
So what you are saying is you shut off the ceiling fan? Not the air conditioner? Ok, I got yea. ;). Much love, Bro, Roaddog....

D

Deleted User01

@kavadude. I also agree that I feel cooler and I also live in Texas. Right now the office is 82 degrees and the thermostat downstairs is set to 77. I feel very comfortable right now. I've been nibbling on instant all day. I hate ceiling fans so people can use them in their own rooms but not around me. It's like a phobia or something.

D

Deleted User01

No, that ain't the phobia. I hate the feeling of the air pounding down on me. And if someone does that at the supper table, I'l likely to go beserk. It makes the food cold. Hmmm, maybe deep down inside I am afraid of death by ceiling fan. :LOL: One never knows what lurks in the subconcious. ::frosty::

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I'll take your word for it, I've never had food in front of me long enough for it to get cold anyway. But anyway I just drank my Mahakea and got up to turn up the aircon and turn my fan off.

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
:cool:Yes me and wifey alway have the ac chucking snowballz . But after a few shellz we both start rubbing our hands togather and hugging ourselves saying man its chilly in hur. We turn it from 70 to 74 sometimes.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Since most report a decrease in temp which is regulated by the thyroid I woneder if the sedation caused by kava decreases thyroid function???