What's new

It's good to have a kava supporting mother

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I just thought I would share this because it made me giggle. The other day after drinking kava, me and my friend decided to drive to jack in the box for some fine dining. When I got back my mother was waiting for me to tell me that I can't drink kava and drive and that I shouldnt do it ever again (probably wise). But anyways, I agreed and we went our separate paths for the day. When I got back that night and went to make myself a bowl, I noticed that my mom circled this on my kava bag
I thought this was just hilarious, but it's nice having a mom who is kind enough to look out for me when I'm krunk :) just about two years ago when I started drinking kava it was just a "it helps me go to sleep" type thing in my moms eyes, but now I have a designated corner of the kitchen counter and some designated kava soaking containers and a bowl that my mother kindly let's me use for kava only. I guess it just goes to show that even kava can indirectly effect even the most "I support the war on drugs" person you can think of in a positive way. Kava changed my life and helped me over come many things, and it helped my mother to be a more open minded person :) so let's raise a shell to all the moms out there! Bula!

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
The results indicate that a medicinal dose of kava containing 180 mg of kavalactones does not impair driving ability
180mg is not much when you drink Kava in the traditional way. I guess one or two shells can have much more than 180 mg Kavalactones.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
ObiWan said:
The results indicate that a medicinal dose of kava containing 180 mg of kavalactones does not impair driving ability
180mg is not much when you drink Kava in the traditional way. I guess one or two shells can have much more than 180 mg Kavalactones.
Yeah, I'm thinking more leaning towards the gram level than the milligram level when it come to some of our consumption rates. 
Edit: Thank you for the link, KavaKava. Quite interesting.