What's new

Is it OK to take kava in close proximity (a couple of hours) of Ibuprofen

jonas

Kava Curious
Sorry if this clouds up the boards, I will delete it later on. I'm just still new to kava and wanted to see if anyone else has taken kava close to ibuprofen? I imagine it would be pretty safe overall, and I've taken it the same day before, albeit several hours apart. Sorry if it's a weirdly specific question, I'm not expecting or looking for official medical advice of course, but I figured you guys could at least provide your personal experience!

Niko

Kava Curious
I'm no medical professional, but 2 days I go I believe I took Ibuprofen with my Kava due to some pains I was having.

I'm still here :)

Maybe others can give a more detailed answer.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Here's my non-answer:

If Kava fucks your organs, it will fuck your liver.
If Ibuprofen fucks your organs, it will fuck your kidneys.

That's the pharmacokinetics (how the body interacts with the consumables). The pharmacodynamics (how the consumables interact with the body) is really outside my scope of support for ibuprofen. I'm personally an aspirin and caffeine guy when it comes to this stuff, but I'll take the ibuprofen when the doctor's too chicken-shit to give me an opioid.

D

Deleted User01

@jonas, I think you are ok. However it is not recommended that you do that everyday. People get into the habit of popping Tylenol and/or advil like its candy and that will wreck your liver. I used to do that. I quit doing it and it didn't make a difference one way or another so it was just a bad habit that was doing nothing for me.

But you take it once in a while when you are hurting, you'll be fine.