What's new

Introducing a new product! Instant Green Kava Sachet Packs

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Everybody knows instant kava is already pretty convenient. But we've decided to take this convenience to the next level by packing it into single serve sachets. Each sachet contains exactly 8 grams of dehydrated green kava juice (the juice itself is made from freshly harvested, organically grown and noble kava plants). That's roughly the equivalent of one large shell of nakamal kava, so pretty strong.

The simplicity of the nakamal experience was what actually inspired this little project. We wanted to make it as is as possible to simply enjoy the kava without having to worry about scales or any mess, particularly for all those situations where one might be "on the go", travelling, camping, going to watch a sunset on some remote beach etc. These sachets are perfect for all such occasions. You just open it and pour the contents into a shell/bottle and stir or shake. That's it.

We're starting with a 5 sachet pack - one sachet of each single cultivar. It's perfect for those who want to try a shell of each cultivar, and if you buy a couple, you'll end up with a great selection.

Our partners in Vanuatu are working hard to offer single cultivar sachets (5 sachets of the same cultivar) and the instant green kava blend in sachet form. We hope to have these available by October.

These sachets aren't meant to replace 100g or 500g bags of instant. They just offer an easier, more convenient way of enjoying kava for those who are on the move/want to travel light and/or are new to kava and are just looking for the easiest kava product to begin their journey with.

We hope everyone enjoys these. You can find them on our website, or, if you are in Australia, on the Root and Pestle's website.

1690804848836.png

Lenticels

AluNaw
That's cool and all if you really dig convenience and whatnot... but when are the COAs finally going to be uploaded on your website/R&P's website?

Particularly apropos of any new SCs that could potentially be in the cards at some point, it'd be useful to finally be able to better prognosticate how efficacious a given cultivar will/should be in its ability to deliver what you're looking for.

It's kind of a shame that there are (as you certainly know) so many subtly to outright flagrantly flawed COAs out there, and yet you're able to provide us with the best, but you simply haven't done so yet!

Please do so with your next SC release, at least...

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
That's a fair request, apologies we haven't been uploading the results. Each batch is tested by the R&P in-house lab and results noted in a spreadsheet format, but no separate files have been created yet. I know we have this aim to have a publicly accessible database with COAs for each batch sometime early next year. But feel free to email us if you have questions about any specific batch or general additional info re particular cultivar. We already publish average chemotypes and they generally do not differ much between batches.

Obviously, the challenge is that every batch/harvest will have slightly different results and we go through quite a few batches (with every new harvest getting processed upon delivery to the factory and assigned a unique batch number), and there's no practical way of selling kava by batch number online (and in any case it's not clear how much you could really "prognosticate" on the basis of these results alone - there seems to be more to kava and the kava experience than just those differences between tested kavalactones), so I guess, like with wine or coffee, you get to experience some variation between "vintages" :)

But yes, we haven't forgotten about it and will let everyone know as soon as the public database is made available for easy access.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
That's a fair request, apologies we haven't been uploading the results. Each batch is tested by the R&P in-house lab and results noted in a spreadsheet format, but no separate files have been created yet. I know we have this aim to have a publicly accessible database with COAs for each batch sometime early next year. But feel free to email us if you have questions about any specific batch or general additional info re particular cultivar. We already publish average chemotypes and they generally do not differ much between batches.

Obviously, the challenge is that every batch/harvest will have slightly different results and we go through quite a few batches (with every new harvest getting processed upon delivery to the factory and assigned a unique batch number), and there's no practical way of selling kava by batch number online (and in any case it's not clear how much you could really "prognosticate" on the basis of these results alone - there seems to be more to kava and the kava experience than just those differences between tested kavalactones), so I guess, like with wine or coffee, you get to experience some variation between "vintages" :)

But yes, we haven't forgotten about it and will let everyone know as soon as the public database is made available for easy access.
Thanks for your high quality kava and for providing so much info! :love:

Lenticels

AluNaw

I'm up to speed re the chemotypes on your website, but as you know, they have the potential to get dicey when looked at in a vacuum!

Also, yes, I'm in full agreement that you can only prognosticate so much based on chemical analysis... but "better" is the operative word, and, if nothing else, proper COAs will make for some nice/much-appreciated curios for people like me.

(And I have seen batch-by-batch COAs supplied by other vendors, but I'll concede that they may only be able to upload those due to the sloppiness of their selected labs.)