What's new

I have a couple questions about Kava

kl.kavanoob

Kava Curious
Never tried Kava before. The Kava I have is Paradise Kava Root. The reason I'm trying Kava is for my social anxiety at work 9am to 5pm office job. I want to feel more relaxed speaking and being around people. I already take a small dose of Cipralex daily before work. So my questions are...

1. When do I take Kava? Before work? After work so I can relax? Before bed? I have no idea.

2. When I strain my Kava root what do I do with the left over Kava? Can I reuse it or is it always garbage after I strain it?

3. I'm confused on how Kava works exactly. Is it like drinking alcohol and you feel the effects for a couple hours? Or is it something that helps you long term and helps your anxiety levels as a whole even with no kava in your system. 

Remember my reason for trying kava is to be more relaxed at social situations. Thank you.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
1.) Wow... ok... Start in the evening, before dinner. Get used to it. Anything you can do, you can do on kava, but you probably don't want to, and you'll probably hurt yourself in some way if you're not used to it. For example, when I first started kava, I went overboard and did it at work. I became way too talkative. A little bit of anxiety is OK.

2.) Different people have different philosophies on makas. I almost always make a second pressing, but never a third.

3.) It appears the anti-anxiety effect is somewhat long term compared to the euphoria effect. My theory is that there is always kava in one's system once one develops the feel for it.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
For work and social anxiety, people have had some good experience with the Kava candy.  Not too harsh but seems to be just right - if you need a little more you can always take two.