What's new

How to: Turn your kava session to 11 and beyond.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Post your tried and true methods, and recipes here for a straight up root-tacular kava experience.

I'll start off

Very light early dinner at least 4.5 hours prior to kava consumption.

Prepare 50-60 grams of kava traditionally a few hours prior to drinking so it can chill in the fridge.

20-30 minutes before drinking take one half to 3/4 tablespoons of Paradise Kava's CO2 extract.

Drink

RUN to the nearest cushioned surface and get horizontal.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sure can. I've been consuming at this level since 2009. Just seems to be the right amount of kava for me to enjoy for a bit and then fall asleep like a bolt of lightning. My dose was 3 tablespoons of unstrained raw kava powder before this, but my skin turned to a flake factory and my back started to bleed from the dermapothy.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
7-8 tablespoons. I weighed a tablespoon of boroguru and it came out to about 7.5 grams per tablespoon.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Of course it was zeroed out with the weight of the empty container.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
my typical dose is about 7-8 tablespoons too and i usually use about 2 cups of water for that, sometimes a little less. it seems to be the most consistent dose for me but even with that, sometimes it's still fairly mild. however, i recently did this at a friends house and doubled the recipe: 14-16 spoons kava/4 cups water +melted ice cubes and oil. I didn't have my fiji strainer so i used a nylon (i used to always use them years ago). The stuff came out potent (probably due to how much more of the fine sediment made it through the nylon), my friend and i got well beyond my typical kava buzz. It was the most inebriating i've felt it for a looong time. Definitely drew similarities to an inebriating benzo dose and even a bit like some aspects of mdma. I could have enjoyed it even more had the nausea not gotten to me (i seem to be much more prone to nausea these days). It was fun, but, definitely not what i'd be doin' everyday for the chill 'kick back with kava' vibe.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
My usual method these days is to make the second wash immediately and mix it in with the first. I drink the whole thing at once. Knocks me on my ass sometimes.

Kapmcrunk said:
20-30 minutes before drinking take one half to 3/4 tablespoons of Paradise Kava's CO2 extract.

Jesus your a hard kava man there Kapmcrunk !! Serious you can eat extract ?? I recon its more foul than powdered in a shell even in water. I drop it into a glass of warm water & it's still hard for me to chug. If that's what you do then you must have a cast iron disposition ! I'd like to do it but no way could I. Champion !! Don't ever visit Vanuatu, you may never make it home lol !

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm using a little over 1 3/4 cups of water for that pile in the picture. It usually nets me about 12 oz of finished kava which fits perfectly into my special kava coffee cup.
(It says Krunktacular on the bottom)

Nemo, I love my kava. The extract from Paradise Kava, specifically the Coconut Vanilla is actually quite nice. In terms of kava it's as close to good tasting as you can get. It's massively expensive so I only go super charged once a week or so. Normally it's the boroguru without the extract, but some nights I want to fight my way to the bed with one eye open.

We are kava people & only we understand. I've got maybe a pound of real kava resin from vanuatu, it's solid, black & stickier than syrup. What's the best way to have it ? It's so thick it will bend a teaspoon literally. I've been putting half teaspoon of it in 1/2 cup of warm water but its really different in that its slow, gentle & long lasting ...is that the best way ? I've never had it before.