What's new

How to prepare Nambawan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmf

Hi,
I ordered some nambawan from BKH and though I've had kava a few times, it never seemed to do anything to me besides making my tongue numb. In the past I've tried a sampler pack from BKH and again just a numb tongue with every variety. I ordered Nambawan in hopes of it having more of an effect, however I do not want to overdo it. What would be the best ratio of water to powder to make a NORMAL (not weak, not superhuman) batch, where I could consume more shells if I so choose. Also, what quantity should I consume to begin? Thanks for the help!

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hey bud. Use the ratios listed on the bag. I'd start with 2 cups of water and a half cup of kava. Knead and squeeze the hell out of it for a few minutes, then drink two or three servings over a half hour or so. Make sure to take it down on an empty stomach. That's some good strong kava. You shouldn't have any problem getting a good feeling.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
If you follow Judd's recommendations then you should be good to go. There's no definite answer, everyone is different. You will have to continue experimenting to find out what works best for you. Also try drinking the Kava on a empty stomach. Some say 3-4 hours of no eating before, I can usually get good effects after 2. Nambawan is fantastic Kava, possibly my favorite. I've heard a few mention that there nambawan experience was underwhelming for whatever reason, but most tend to really love it.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
One thing I love about nambawan is it is good at any ratio I've tried it with, any quantity of root from 1 - 6 TBS. The different variations on quantity of root and water ratios result in different experiences, pretty much for each iteration, But they're all really good. I suggest trying it at a number of different strengths, but Judd at BKH's suggestion is an excellent starting point. As you get used to it, you can ratchet things up or down from there, depending on your mood and desires or expectations. But I think until you've tried it in a number of different concentrations you don't really "know" nambawan or what it can do.

My fave is trad prepping 1.25 cups of grind to 8 cups of water for a first wash, but that's a lot of grog. Second fave is triple AluBalling it with 2 TBS in each ball in 400 ml water.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Personally I'm into just quaffing Nabwan with spiced cider on the holidays. Seriusly something about the silly stupendously relaxed place that leads me to, plus spiced cider just rocks.
Gorks Grog: 2 tbs of root, 8ounce cup worthy of quaffing (Steel camping mugs)
Applie joice+Cider mixed to taste:
Chug
Then say: Egad that Gork person...what. the..!
For me nabwan has a weird but nice head rush thing when it kicks in right. But also keep in mind as I have some weird build phase thing you may not nee or want as much. Adjust to taste I know it's kicked in the way I like when I feel supper yummy silly. And then seem to come here and geek out about music or find things more silly than usual
One thing I love about nambawan is it is good at any ratio I've tried it with, any quantity of root from 1 - 6 TBS. The different variations on quantity of root and water ratios result in different experiences, pretty much for each iteration, But they're all really good. I suggest trying it at a number of different strengths, but Judd at BKH's suggestion is an excellent starting point. As you get used to it, you can ratchet things up or down from there, depending on your mood and desires or expectations. But I think until you've tried it in a number of different concentrations you don't really "know" nambawan or what it can do.

My fave is trad prepping 1.25 cups of grind to 8 cups of water for a first wash, but that's a lot of grog. Second fave is triple AluBalling it with 2 TBS in each ball in 400 ml water.
^
If you follow Judd's recommendations then you should be good to go. There's no definite answer, everyone is different. You will have to continue experimenting to find out what works best for you. Also try drinking the Kava on a empty stomach. Some say 3-4 hours of no eating before, I can usually get good effects after 2. Nambawan is fantastic Kava, possibly my favorite. I've heard a few mention that there nambawan experience was underwhelming for whatever reason, but most tend to really love it.
^
Is their a 'wrong way' to do kava? I don't want to accidentally give the OP bad sugestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.