What's new

How long do you do the shake, rattle and roll ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
How long do you shake, rattle, and roll your Alu Ball ?
I seen some people say 30 seconds.
Some people say 1 minute.
And I don't know where I heard it, but I swear someone said first shake 40 seconds, then pause for 30 seconds, then shake for another 40 seconds, a 2nd time. For some reason I have always stuck with that last method time, because I figured 'more is better', at least in this context.
Is there really a difference between a 30 second shake, and the other times, as far as results go ?

Pecorino

Kava Curious
On the first wash I'm shaking about one, two minutes, unless I'm using milk in which case it's about four or five since it seems to be harder to get the milk infused. On the second, I'm just shaking it from time to time while drinking the first, which adds up to about seven. I may be overdoing it, but like you I currently believe that more is better. If you're worried about wasting the root, freeze it after you're done. There's a few methods for squeezing more out of it later. Krunkie McKrunkface invented the first we know I think, and I experimented with boiling used maka.
Your last question is very good, I can't wait to see the answer from someone experienced. I'd also like to add my own question since it's similar - why can't I just shake the hell out of my AluBall, why the second and sometimes third wash is required? Is there some kind of saturated kava solution? Some amount of kava stuff in water above which more cannot be absorbed?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
and I experimented with boiling used maka.
I saw a thread with a video on boiling kava. If I remember correctly it was Chris from GHK ?
But I don't think it was makas.
Whether or not it was makas, I'm curious about the boiling, since I have never tried it.
How did your boiled makas turn out, quality-wise ?

Pecorino

Kava Curious
I boiled it in milk. The first batch was weak, so I decided to use much less milk, more maka and boil it longer, despite some warnings about prolonged warming. Second and further batches were really good, numbing effect was very strong and I've got some mild effects (which is good since I'm still having RT). From amount of maka from about eight AluBalls I've about eight ounces of liquid, potency comparable to about one batch of double aluballed kava. Not much, but if you're waiting for delivery...
I had no cloth for traditional filtering, so I used combination of sieve and filtering through AluBall. Possibly the results would be better with 100 or so micron cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.