What's new

How I prep my kava the Squanch way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
If you are using the blender CTAHR method you are sort of already doing a second and third wash since you put the full amount of root in the blender then 1/3rd the total amount of water. Do a blend then pour that in your strainer bag/bowl. Strain out the juice then put the pulp back in the blender with another 1/3rd of the root, and repeat the process. I use a plastic chip bag clip to pinch my nut milk bag strainer to the side of my bowl to stay in place while pouring the grog out of the blender to be strained. I go overboard and still do a small second and third hand wash but the root is plenty strong from the CTAHR method without needing the extra steps I take. With the CTAHR method the only squeezing you have to do is the strain, no kneading needed. Might save your hands some misery. I also bought the el cheapo set of liquid strainers at Walmart for dumping the finished nut milk bag strained grog into the holding containers I use. I always get some root pieces in my grog during prep so a final pass through a liquid strainer works great for me.
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/ctahr-extraction-method.5686/page-2#post-70389
nut milk bag.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
Squanch72, Isn't that alot of work for less than 2 teaspoons of medium grind? Or are you using alot more in this prep?

Status
Not open for further replies.