What's new

How can I import Kava?

O

Ordinaryguy808

Aloha,

I hope everybody is doing well.
A long time ago, I posted questions about importing Kava from Samoa. Mike from KWK reached out to me and imported the awa from Samoa for me. In return, I helped him get awa from Samoa. He was such a nice guy, still can't believe he passed away.

Anyway, the point is I didn't ask Mike about the details of how to import Kava because I didn't want to bother him too much and I was busy with my life.

Now, I want to open and run a Kava business. I will be done with this military active duty order in June 2024. That will be my timeline. I have suppliers and good friends who can help me handling the Kava throughout the Pacific islands. I just need to set up a business and bring them over to Hawaii. I called the customs and a couple of other places asking about importing Kava. All I found out is, that importing Kava is tax-free. I briefly know that I need to register someone with the FDA(?) who handles the Kava and that person needs to take the Kava to the quarantine and deliver that to the shipping company. That's it.

If anybody can give me guidance on how to import Kava, that would be much appreciated. If this is not an appropriate post, please let me know. I will remove it.
Thank you for your time and Have a great day.

Mahalo Nui.

Manga Ono Kava

Kava Vendor
Hey bro!

How much are you shipping from Samoa?
The best way is to find someone in the freight forwarding business in Samoa. All you would have to do is coordinate it with them and they should be able to take care of everything else. You also may have to shop around for the best price and service. Good luck in your endeavors.

-Brian