What's new

High DHM Kava better for anxiety?

Hey guys. On this fourm I have seen a lot of advice to treat Anxiety with high kavain strains. But in my experience, my anxiety is more relieved by high DHM strains. Kavain high strains, paradise's extract in particular, seem to be much more euphoric, but DHM strains are just really relaxing. Why is it usually recommended to use a higher kavain strain for anxiety?

kl.kavakavakava

Kava Curious
I think because anxiety is very often partnered with depression, and if you are using sedative strains, it could make the depression worse

Also I think DHK is better then DHM for anxiety based on what Ive heard

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Use whatever works best for you! Personally I find that DHM strains are a little anxiogenic. I'm not a super anxious person but the few times I have mixed a lot of DHM and anxiety...not good.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
As kavadude pointed out, it's a subjective thing. I tend to use DHK strains myself. Anything with a chemotype that starts with 2 and 4 seem to work best for me. I have my favorite(s) though like anyone else.

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
I've only had Boroguru (finishing off my kilo as we speak) and it has been wonderful for my anxiety. I've had panic attacks for 9 years or so now and although it's not a "cure" it's definitely helped take the edge off in the evenings. Coupled with exercise and meditation I haven't felt this good in years :)