What's new

Hey everyone

kavaface

Kava Curious
Just a one year kava drinking here, this look like a great places with cool people, lots of info..some scary about the mixed in tudi

verticity

I'm interested in things
Hey you, welcome to kavaforums. The good news about the tudei adulteration thing is that more vendors are becoming aware of the problem, and are demanding unadulterated noble from their suppliers.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forum. Though it is true that some farmers are mixing Tudei with their Kava, this forum is on top of it and our biggest priority is to protect our fellow kava drinkers from buying a kava that is mislabeled. If they say noble, it better be noble. If the bad says Tudei, then so be it. At least you can make a knowledgeable decision. Here are a few links from the Kava library that might help you as well.

http://www.kavalibrary.com/Kava-Testing-and-Safety.html
http://www.kavalibrary.com/Kava-Recipes.html
http://www.kavalibrary.com/Fresh-Harvest-Newsletter.html

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Kavaface, WELCOME to the forums. Please let us know if you have any questions at all. You will also find some real good kava from some real good vendors here on the forums. Aloha from Hawaii.

Chris

Pink

Kava Curious
:) Hello welcome to community,its a place to chill ::couch::::happyshell:: and discuss topics openly with people who share same interests ::kavaleaf::

kavaface

Kava Curious
Thanks for all the welcomes. Thats good that vendors are on this. I was buying tudi from kbr and had no clue it was bad for you until i read it here. I quit drinking which was a problem for me with the help of kava, last thing i need is my liver any worse..I'll be a year clean from that poision soon. I also have tried most your vendors but i tend to stick with 2 .

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
KBR has the best tasting Tudei. I use it instead of piper nigrum on salads and burgers.
I always thought you were kidding, but I see you say that quite often. So you're actually serious? You really use it on food as a spice?

verticity

I'm interested in things
KBR has the best tasting Tudei. I use it instead of piper nigrum on salads and burgers.
You made me Google piper nigrum. Black pepper. Some interesting tidbits on Wikipedia:
Black peppercorns were found stuffed in the nostrils of Ramesses II, placed there as part of the mummification rituals shortly after his death in 1213 BCE.
Pepper is known to cause sneezing. Some sources say that piperine, a substance present in black pepper, irritates the nostrils, causing the sneezing;[34] Few, if any, controlled studies have been carried out to answer the question.
This is a serious gap in our scientific knowledge, someone needs to do a study ASAP.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I always thought you were kidding, but I see you say that quite often. So you're actually serious? You really use it on food as a spice?
Oh yes. Sometimes, when I spill kava while moving it from the storage bag to the strainer bag, I simply pick it up with my finger and place it directly in my mouth. Usually, with a noble strain, it will cause a light local anesthetic effect and not much else. With the Isa, I didn't have that effect, but I couldn't help notice how deliciously peppery the stuff was. After that experience, I decided it was much too good for drinking, and decided to use it as a culinary agent.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
For best taste, I would recommend either some Tongan (with a little cocoa powder), or perhaps some Hawaiian. Maybe @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava can point you in the right direction, or you can always go Sample Pack.

Of course, there's always a nice yellow instant. Grey instants tend to be too "clay" tasting for me and have trigged gag reflexes, but a nice yellow instant (e.g. "Kava Kwik" ) is pretty much like drinking water with a little kava flavoring.

kavaface

Kava Curious
well i get it down as fast as possible mixing some kinda powder mix or juice.. but i basically make my own micronized .. i have a pretty good coffee grinder that gets the kava like baby powder, it seems to me the same as buying it like that.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Oh yes. Sometimes, when I spill kava while moving it from the storage bag to the strainer bag, I simply pick it up with my finger and place it directly in my mouth. Usually, with a noble strain, it will cause a light local anesthetic effect and not much else. With the Isa, I didn't have that effect, but I couldn't help notice how deliciously peppery the stuff was. After that experience, I decided it was much too good for drinking, and decided to use it as a culinary agent.
Does it cause any effects when eaten either on a salad or cooked in a burger?

R

Rookietwoshoes

well i get it down as fast as possible mixing some kinda powder mix or juice.. but i basically make my own micronized .. i have a pretty good coffee grinder that gets the kava like baby powder, it seems to me the same as buying it like that.
Can you please post the eBay link to kava kona again ? The thread were you originally posted the link is no longer accessible. Also,have you ever seen the quick stix on eBay? Thanks!

D

Deactivated Account

Just a one year kava drinking here, this look like a great places with cool people, lots of info..some scary about the mixed in tudi
This is the place to be for kava reference. Ive drank the tudai & frankly (from my personal findings) it was only a concern with extended use. A bit here & there wasnt an issue at all.