What's new

Powdered Kava Review Deleted User's Mystery Kava - Mystery #5

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I was greeted with an intense smell of black pepper and earth upon opening the package. I found that a little intimidating. I thought "uh oh..." foreboding. But I was very surprised how mild this kava tastes. It had a mild pine betters and earth flavor. It was pleasant...a little bland... but I was relieved given how intense the dry power smelled. This kava makes the darkest brew of kava I've seen so far. It was an intense coffee color, almost espresso-like.

The effects came immediately upon drinking the first shell. The intense muscle relaxation again made me go "uh oh..." The odd thing was I felt an increased sense of awareness despite being just about the consistency of melted cheese followed by a full body warmth that radiated from center of the body.

I am going to give this kava a 5 with one reservation. This is a kava that I would have to be in the mood for. It's not a very balanced variety. But when you want something that does...well..what this does. This would hit the spot and for this reason this is a very good niche kava to have around.

D

Deleted User01

Thanks for the review Vekta. Whenever @Deleted User sends you his mystery kava, there should always be a sense of foreboding. Be afraid, be very afraid. :LOL:

P.S. And thank you for being @Deleted User's guinea pig. You're a better man than I am Gunga Din. :D

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Allow me to center myself... *takes deep breath...and a yoga pose*
::awesomesmiles:: actaully I'm fine. No prayer needed.
The only thing I really got out of this kava is intense muscle relaxation throughout the entire body. I still stand by my 5 shell rating. It is good at doing one thing and one thing only. It's a niche kava. Once in a very long while something like this hits the spot.
This is not a kava I'd have weekly, whatever it is. But it'd be nice to switch to once a couple-three months or so.

Last edited:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Allow me to center myself... *takes deep breath...and a yoga pose*
::awesomesmiles:: actaully I'm fine. No prayer needed.
The only thing I really got out of this kava is intense muscle relaxation throughout the entire body. I still stand by my 5 shell rating. It is good at doing one thing and one thing only. It's a niche kava. Once in a very long while something like this hits the spot.
This is not a kava I'd have weekly, whatever it is. But it'd be nice to switch to once a couple-three months or so.
Sounds right up my alley. I might actually buy another vendor's kava, assuming it's not mine.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
lol

well...

That explains the completely one sidedness. :hilarious:

also explains why I'd only use it once in 2-3 months.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
5 shells though. No nausea, no ugly after effects. Looks perfect for relief of anxiety and muscle tension.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
some noble laced tudei I've had such as Solomon Islands from NAH took a week to start feeling negative effects. I don't see how these short sessions will provide much if any real or balanced information

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
From my experience with tudei and possibly adulterated kava, if they'll be nausea and/or severe extended lethargy inducing, that will happen with the first consumption. Remember, I own a kava bar so my experience with this is pretty extensive. We used to serve a PNG variety that was very likely tudei (Madang Long), and Isa. It is true though that if tudei causes more dermopathy or other serious health issues, these would take more than one session.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@Deleted User, as anecdotal and case by case as these test are, I agree they should be taken with a grain of salt, but if a main concern is how tudei or adulterated kava is going to affect the user, they're actually also quite valid.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
@Deleted User, as anecdotal and case by case as these test are, I agree they should be taken with a grain of salt, but if a main concern is how tudei or adulterated kava is going to affect the user, they're actually also quite valid.
that would be the case if the health concerns regarding tudei were instantaneous

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
True. That's obviously a different type of testing altogether though. As far as I know, these are just an attempt to gauge user experience, not the safety of any kava. There are multiple angles here. This is just one.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
some noble laced tudei I've had such as Solomon Islands from NAH took a week to start feeling negative effects. I don't see how these short sessions will provide much if any real or balanced information
Maybe but I believe any information is better than no information (as long as it is real).

verticity

I'm interested in things
Interesting. The label says "Hawaiian" Kava Root. I wonder which of the known Hawaiian cultivars produce such heavy body effects. They are generally known for heady effects. Maybe we should ask Kona. It should be easy for them to tell us what variety it is since it is grown on a "family farm".

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
When I found out where it was from I laughed out loud a little.

It is what it is. I'm not taking anything back. If it really is a hawaiian kava then that's the weirdest hawaiian kava I've ever had. I've only had hawaiian kava 3 or 4 times though so I guess that's not saying much.
The kava was good for what it does but certainly not what I prefer. It's does one thing far too much.