What's new

Got the order and the testing has begun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
i wouldn't call this a review just some personal observation. I have come to the conclusion I have a slight allergic response to Kava. But before you think this is bad news, it's not! That being said I will more than likely only be able to purchase GHK's micro or instant brands. If you have read some of my other post you may remember that I have tried another brands medium grind blend and had some numbing in fingers and toes. thanks to shakas's(sp) advice I stopped the toss and wash method. Felt better, but did end up with itchy eyes, runny nose, etc ( I am sure you get the picture). Still trying to push through, I ordered some of GHK's instant and micro. Allergy symptoms have all but gone. Tried another medium blend and they return. Seems I have a slight allergy to something in the makas. But due to the nature of instant and GHK micro techniques, most of the makas is left out and I can enjoy kava!!! Good thing I am a lightweight without RT cause this can be an expensive hobby if all you can use are those types... Once I get a better feel on the Kavas I am trying I will give a noobs review on his experiences.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
My eyes get dry when ive had a few cups of kava. Im not sure about itchy though. Ive always figured it was the combination of kavas dehydrating tendency and the fact i dont take my contacts lenses out like i am supposed to. Although im a huge fan of micro, i urge you not to give up on ground root. Wait awhile until your more familair with kava and try again. You might be pleasantly suprised. Also you could try a better filter with ground root. I think @Steve Mariotti uses a high micron filter because he gets side affects as well.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Yea I have about 6 oz of PK's Blend number 7 left. I will try it again, but yes I am going to filter the devil out of it! If that does not work, I will give it to a friend that introduced me to Kava. She is a lurker on these boards and I do not think has signed up yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.