What's new

Got my extracts...

kl.legbuh

Kava Curious
I got the sampler so I could try all the flavors.  They're pretty good an I can normally tell a good kava by the amount of numbness I get.

I also notice that when dissolving under my tongue there are small hard pieces left.  Is that the kava or the sweetner?  They're like little pieces of sand.  Just curious, since if it's the kava I'll leave them in there longer under my tongue.  :)

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Pieces of sand sounds like someone else's product :)

If it's the coconut, then it's the coconut, if not,

That's probably kavalactones, and they are pretty soft ;)

kl.grudge

Kava Curious
It could be the honey (if it was honey flavored) has crystallized during shipping, this can happen pretty easily especially in cold weather. Crystallization doesn't hurt honey and can be cured by placing it in warm water, but I don't know if I would do that with my extracts (just to protect the kavalactones).

kl.SunnyHours

Kava Curious
grudge said:
It could be the honey (if it was honey flavored) has crystallized during shipping, this can happen pretty easily especially in cold weather. Crystallization doesn't hurt honey and can be cured by placing it in warm water, but I don't know if I would do that with my extracts (just to protect the kavalactones).
Well, as long as the extract is sealed, like in a ziploc bag and then in warm/hot water, I don't think it would harm it...

kl.legbuh

Kava Curious
No, it's in all the flavors I've tried so far (choc/orange, honey/lemon).

It's not bad in any way... I believe it is the kava itself. Sand isn't really the right word since it is softer. But it's the same size and "gritty".

Not complaining... I like the extracts so far. Quick to act, but sadly quick to go away too. :)

kl.SunnyHours

Kava Curious
I've noticed the same in my Chocolate/Orange (I don't really taste the chocolate so it should be Orange/Chocolate :p )

I think it's the kavalactones too cuz when I bite in them it makes my tongue much more numb...