What's new

Effects of Various Kavas

Calvincs

Kava Curious
Hello Everyone!  

I am excited to join the forum and contribute when possible.  Lots of great threads on here.

On to the question for the more experienced Kava drinkers out here..  

I was reading a post from the Kavasseur where he broke down the various Kavas into groups by effect, mainly "Krunkness" and "Mellowness" (see here ).

This was done back in 2010 and was wondering if you guys could put forth your ideas/ratings on where the latest products or sources of kava (Fiji, PNG, Hawaii..) tend to fall in these categories?

I ask as I know people drink Kava for various reasons and like various effects more then others.  

I just want to have a well rounded idea on where to point my various friends to based on where their interest land.

uuku pi

Kava Enthusiast
Right now I am doing white sand from Nakamal at home. All the kavas I like are happy kavas. Everytime I try stone ,I guess it is what people mean by krunked or shelled. Wow has become my favorite but it is very expensive. It is by far the most that kava can give me. I also ordered some Solomon Islands . It is supposed to be happy stuff too. So,white sand ,wow and your average Burogo or Burugu (cant remember how to spell it) are all mellow without giving you couch lock. I do not recommend any of the isa or other two day(tudie) as I react badly to them. Hope this is helpful to you:)

I agree with Uuku Pi..we've been experimenting lately with white sand and black sand kava mixed together - we call it "zebra" :) Your best bet is to try something different every time as everyone reacts differently to different strains. This site is a great resource for some of the best kava out there - keep mixin!

uuku pi

Kava Enthusiast
btbam13, I just posted your zebra somewhere. It made me laugh and since I have both right now I think I will try:)

Calvincs

Kava Curious
Lately Ive also tried mixing the various Paradisekava blends, and so far I have had great results.

1/2 Awa and Fiji seems to be a very nice calm, very relaxing chill feeling. Clear but relaxed is the best way I can describe it.

Tried 1/2 Awa and Fiji + 1 tbs of PNG on top of that (the cherry...?)

Well first night, again, a bit stronger in all aspects, but also very palatable..

Came back to it two days later (had extra sitting in the fridge), I couldnt make it past 1 cup!

Instant numb and just knocked me out! Maybe a bit overwhelming.

(I am new to PNG, so I would attribute it to this..)

Ive let Kava sit in the fridge before, but maybe the PNG had more time to *soak* in the liquid (1/2 water and 1/2 coconut milk).

Very interesting results!