What's new

Kava Preparation Eating instant and micro?

Pecorino

Kava Curious
Can the instant or micro be simply eaten? After all, all of the powder is supposed to be swallowed. Would it however cause any adverse effects, or on the other hand no beneficial kava related effects at all?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I've read about people doing it here, and it can be done. I believe with basically toss N washing Micro, there is a small risk of both nausea and dermo.
It's just dependent on your body chemistry and the volume you're consuming. So go slow, and gradual, and monitor it, and you should be okay.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Can the instant or micro be simply eaten? After all, all of the powder is supposed to be swallowed. Would it however cause any adverse effects, or on the other hand no beneficial kava related effects at all?
Sure if you can choke it down. Not to be nanny or anything but do be careful putting large amounts of dry powered in your mouth. It is easy to accidentally inhale some the powder and throw yourself into a coughing fit. If you don't like mixing and drinking it with water you could try making your own capsules.

Pecorino

Kava Curious
Thanks for the answers. Good point about dry powder, I've been wondering if it may be as bad as cinnamon challenge. Anyone knows anything about the magnitude of effects in comparison to more traditional ways of using those powders?