What's new

Cheaper coconut oil capsules

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
The coconut oil business is another that is really taking off, and the prices with it.
When I was working in Tonga last year I visited a Virgin coconut oil plant a few times to buy. In their stockroom they had the same oil in several different packages - little 100ml pots with nice labels and promises of eternal life that were sold in NZ boutiques for $30, down to reused 1.5 litre water bottles full for $5. The same oil from the same process aimed at different markets and wallet sizes.
I would suggest you just get the cheapest deal you can - chances are it is just as good as the stuff sold in luxury spa shops.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Just wondering... why do you want capsules, when you can just buy a jar of coconut oil? It's nutritious and delicious!
Amazon product
As @HeadHodge says, easier in the lorry.

Edward stated earlier it's because of the convenience He's a Lorry driver (whatever the hell that is)
In the UK the largest type of truck is called a lorry. I believe it's the opposite where you are? :) The one below is from 13 years ago according to the date on the picture file.

100_0125.JPG

Jerome

Kava Lover
I keep a small jar in my desk and just spoon feed throughout the day to stave off hunger. I imagine you could do the same in the lorry. It remains a soft solid at temperatures below 78 F 26 C.

So in Florida, its generally a liquid in my house (I'm cheap and keep the AC up fairly high,) but at my work its a solid.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@y'all don't ask me why but a mouth full of coconut oil doesn't appeal. The capsules are quick and easy with no mess.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I keep a small jar in my desk and just spoon feed throughout the day to stave off hunger. I imagine you could do the same in the lorry. It remains a soft solid at temperatures below 78 F 26 C.

So in Florida, its generally a liquid in my house (I'm cheap and keep the AC up fairly high,) but at my work its a solid.
Yeah, but your desk isn't barrelling down the highway at 125 kph, with 40 tons of cargo... At least I hope not :D

In the low carb diet community there is a ridiculous thing called "Bullet Proof Coffee" which is basically a cup of coffee blended with a stick of butter. I have never tried it... but some people swear by it.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yeah, but your desk isn't barrelling down the highway at 125 kph, with 40 tons of cargo... At least I hope not :D

In the low carb diet community there is a ridiculous thing called "Bullet Proof Coffee" which is basically a cup of coffee blended with a stick of butter. I have never tried it... but some people swear by it.
Similar to @Mrbinx69 with the coffee and coconut oil mix. I have wondered what yerba mate would taste like with a spoon of oil but I prefer a drop of honey, or just straight up. Then just take the oil capsules and be done with it :)

Jerome

Kava Lover

The guy who "invented" that concept was a bit fanatical. I've tried it, and it's not bad, but I prefer my coffee sans accoutrements.